Re: The Weather Channel
evergreen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

AccuWeather is unacceptable; I do not want to flip on the weather channel and listen to the weather for the nation plus a large number of commercials.  The weather bug is awkward and slow.  This is a BAD business decision by Verison.  Furthrmore, I discoverd that it is difficult if not impossible to communicate my displeasure to Version. 

0 Likes
jpgkc
Enthusiast - Level 1

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, AccuWeather…?

My bill is $200 a month and you need to save money.

I WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK; this was a VERY poor decision on your programming part.  Whoever thought of this SHOULD BE FIRED TODAY.

What happened to customer service and providing the best for your customer?  AccuWeather, GIVE ME A BREAK.  I have seen things on YouTube better than that channel.  WHAT A JOKE.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

Re: Bring Back the Weather Channel Now
evergreen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verison wants to control costs for subscribes they would get rid of half the junk they carry as programing, which few if any people watch.  They could then affort to restore the Weather Channel and stop antagonizing their customers. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I will admit that Weatherscan was useful.

Like right now:

According to TV Guide: Currently showing on TWC is Why Planes crash for at least the next couple of hours.

And if memory serves me correctly, they didn't always have weather on the 8s during this type of shows.

But I can tune over to Accuweather and get weather in no more than 15 minutes.

Accuweather channel is very new. They have stated that they will be improving the product (chicken and egg: can't spend a lot of money until you have customers but customers wnat a highly polished product from day 1).

Keep in mind that Accuweather has been in business for over 50 years. They certainly know about weather.

Lots of people are concerned about coverage during a significant weather event.

Lets wait and see how they perform on the first one and then judge vs assuming they will fail.

I certainly don't need to see someone standing out in the severe weeather to believe it is happening.
The weather should be the focus of the story not the people reporting it.

0 Likes
pdvb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree they need to reinstate the Weather Channel immediately! I just signed onto Verizon and I didn't sign up to have channels taken away from me already! I'm paying for choice. 

Re: Weather Channel
MARKECMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Count me in as another customer absolutely fuming that TWC was dropped! I too will be switching to another provider (can you say Xfinity) if this is not rectified.

Re: Weather Channel
ike71
Contributor - Level 1

How about all Weather Channel lovers getting together and offering Veizon to pay the extra money The Weather Channel wants?

0 Likes
Re: Bring back The Weather Channel
jessicakrall8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not happy at all with Verizon's recent decision not to renew the Weather Channel and the accompanying channel on 49 which gives us immediate weather updates for our area.  AccuWeather has no weather personnel on hand during storms or other major weather events giving us insight into weather conditions.  I have watched TWC for years and enjoyed all of the weather personalities there and appreciated their extreme knowledge in how to prepare for weather events.  AccuWeather covers many cities and it would take hours to get to reports on our area.  There is no comparison.  As a customer who pays you nearly $200 a month, to not be consulted on this decision or have any choice in the matter, I feel very let down and insulted.  You obviously don't appreciate or want the opinions of your customers.  I am currently looking for other options.  

I've read all the complaints from others who feel just as I do.  I encourage you to rethink this decision.  Getting rid of the Weather Channel, the leader in weather reporting, is like getting rid of CNN, the largest in the news business.  You wouldn't think of doing that!  Please rethink this.  It just stinks.

{edited for privacy}

Chesapeake, VA

The Weather Channel
Tudy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I would like to complain about the loss of The Weather Channel's Weather Scan.  There was never a warning that would allow subscribers to object.  We are retired and count on The Weather Channel's WeatherScan to inform us of weather in our area.  We do not have smart phones, have no need for smart phones, and never intend to get smart phones.  Your Widgets weather information is useless.

Re: Bring back The Weather Channel
ike71
Contributor - Level 1

CNN, the largest in the "news" business?

0 Likes