Re: Weather Channel
Lucinsa1234
Enthusiast - Level 2
Agree 100%!!! I am lost without the Weather Channel. I have been a Verizon subscriber since "Pay TV" was invented. And I see they also took away some college sports stations, granted I may not have watched them, but they were there if I wanted to. I didn't notice my bill go down from the reduction in service :(. And losing Weather Channel is a huge loss!!!!
Re: I want TWC and weather scan back.
Lucinsa1234
Enthusiast - Level 2
Roger that!
0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
BigB3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want the Weather Channel back also.  I recently upgraded my TV channels but I am willing to pay the termination fee and bring Comacat in over this.  Verizon channel selection has been getting more restrictive (ie expensive) over the last dozen years and now dropping the weather channel with  no warning is last straw.

ladylabtrainer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just renewed too. No happy.

Disappointed51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Watched the Accu Weather Channel for the first time today. I am not at all impressed with the weather reporting or local condition feeds. The focus is heavily on the New England area, with parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Los Angeles. After 20 minutes, I never saw today's weather in Atlanta where our daughter lives and where we often travel. I would like to know the weather across the country including the Midwest and Mountain areas. You have to remember we are a mobile society. We count on this information when we travel. Displaying weather information for Freehold, NJ, but not Atlanta, Minneapolis or other big cities makes no sense to me. The Weather Channel's reporting on weather is hands down superior. When I want to get good weather reporting, that is where I turn. On the other hand, I do not like all the reality/documentary shows that the Weather Channel airs during prime time. I do not watch those at all no matter how devastating the disaster. Please give us good weather programming without all the extraneous diversions. Trading one problem for another is not a good solution and not customer driven. As a 5-year Verizon customer and long time Weather Channel viewer, I am disappointed a better solution could not have been worked out.

vmfreeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had Direct TV and dropped them when they pulled this crap with the Weather Channel so if Verizon doesn't get it back we will look else where when our contract is up. So fed up with them thinking everyone has smartphones etc. to get the weather and yes accu weather sucks big time

Accuweather TV content
daniel_obrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, ok, I get it. FIOS no longer wants to pay for the Weather Channel and has substituted what is supposed to be a better weather forecast provider, Accuweather, plus we leave behind all the global warming alarmists on the WC.  I can accept that. But what I can't accept is that the Accuweather TV channel only shows weather maps and radar for the NORTHEAST of the USA!  How does that help me down here in Tampa, FL?  What FIOS only thinks customers want NYC, DC, Boston, etc., weather forecasts?  What's up with that?  At least WC would scan the entire country at least once per hour!

Lucinsa1234
Enthusiast - Level 2
I wonder if Verizon will actually hear our disgruntled voices and bring back TWC?? Or will it take losing customers to cause action? Thinking Comcast might offer deals to get new customers....
LilC2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Enough is enough is enough...

Entering year 5 with FIOS, and I have had enough!

The last 3 months have been a nightmare with various software issues and many others too numerous to mention.

AND NOW.... No Weather Channel????

Really???

Calling Comcast, and starting over.

I'm done, finished, and disgusted with it all.

Corporate greed at work.  No sympahy here, as my Bill just keeps going up, as I reduce services....... 😞 😞

majones4381
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very disappointed in Verizon's decision to remove The Weather Channel and replace it with Accuweather.  I have browsed both sites over the last few years, and The Weather Channel has been more up to date. For example, AccuWeather said we were only going to get 2" of snow during one storm - we got a foot and AccuWeather never even updated its amount totals.  I am very frustrated with the channels that have been removed over the past 6 months to a year; and this is leading me to consider leaving Verizon.  My bill doesn't go down because they keep removing channels, so where is all of that savings going?

{edited for privacy}