Re: THE LOSS OF THE LOCAL WEATHER
wantweatherch

Is Verizon monitoring this forum? AccuWeather is a waste and prvoides nothing useful. Verizon should bring back Channel 49 - my local weather all the time AND the regular weather channnel! What's going to happen when there is a hurricane? The station in NY, or Boston, or where it is will most likely be of no help to me during a hurricane or tornado!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
gumby7448
Enthusiast - Level 1

Myself as well!  Two weeks and outta here!  Which service is best to go to?

0 Likes
Breakfastman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everything stated in this forum. I have tried to use ACCU Weather. It is useless. This is no replacement for the Weather Channel. I've lost another channel. Yet I'm still paying what I did last month, and the month before that. I'm not sure Verison cares. But I am a dissatisfied customer. My Verizon is definitely not MY Verizon.

jimbee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

just the standard lip service regardless of what we are saying...bring back my Wakeup with Al...

rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

accuweather supplies no detailed local info or temperarures or radar or discussion of the local  weathe> It is a uselss amateur production. Ive called fios 10 times and gotten the double speak every time. Im done! The weather channel is one of the top 5 most watched standard cable channels watched at some point during the day. They offer me all these other channels I dont watch!!! and th eone I watch they dont get back????? and arent atttempting to seriously. There is no satisfactory alternative to get the detailed, updated local live weathr info when you need it, and dont give me THE Weather Bug or Accuweather! I would suggest to all of you to call up fios, tell them theyve voided your contract by dropping the weather channel and threaten to drop or just drop. I have a tentative appointment to install optimum on tuesday and if the weather channel isnt back i will.

0 Likes
Bearwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

No more local on the 8's, either.  Widgets WeatherBug is not that great a substitute.  This latest change by Verizon has me questioning their reasoning.  Not at all happy with this move.

0 Likes
excustomer-1259
Enthusiast - Level 1

I plan to termintate our Verizon service and inform as many folks as I can that Verizon changes the channel lineup to less than satisfactory channels for no apparent reason other than to increase Verizon's profitability.

They remove the Weather Channel saying most people now use an "app" for their weather. Does that mean Verizon will be removing my local news because most people get their local news through an "app" or remove the business channel because folks use an "app"?

Verizon hasn't reduced my monthly fee now that they no longer provide the Weather Channel. Verizon has also removed sports channels that were previously included in my subscription and advised me I have to upgrade my service (and cost) to continue receiving those channels.

Verizon is clearly more concerned about their earnings, share price and compensation to executives than they are to their
loyal customer base and in time Verizon will find their customer base has moved to other service providers.
We will never return to Verizon as a customer because it is now clear their loyaty is not to the customers whose patronage
allows them to exist as a business.

TRoll2
Interesting to me there seems to be only two posts here about the decision to drop The Weather Channel as there are many more on The Weather Channel's site. This is an awful customer service decision by Verizon. With all due respect to AccuWeather, they pale in comparison to a The Weather Channel. Small and cheap when it comes to customer service is never a good business model. I'm certain there are two sides to this story but cutting a high quality customer service is just wrong. If cost is the issue, there are plenty of simply awful channels on Verizon that could be cut that do not provide any essential customer service. Verizon you should sit and watch Accuweather to see for yourself how bad that service is for the customer. Please reevaluate and bring back the Weather Channel.
0 Likes
prumsey2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disgusted by this latest stunt by Verizon. I am paying almost $3,000/year for my bundled service and you now remove the weather channel which was the most watched channel by my family and myself. You have opened my eyes and I began checking your competition's pricing which even after 1 year promo ends is half what I am paying for Verizon. I'm done! You keep increasing my pricing and then remove channels with little to no notice to subscribers. I am switching to Comcast. 

PS The Accuweather replacement is terrible and the weather widgets are worse. Buh Bye Verizon!

zazzy1

Totally Agree - Verizon could cares less about the customer - $$$ talk.

Will find an alternative, FIOS is not a must have!

0 Likes