Re: The Weather Channel
ray_1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I travel for a living and need the weather channel to keep me up to date. Not to mention I live on the Jersey Shore. Did Verizon forget about Sandy? Verizon is putting people's lives at risk in attempt to make a better bottom line for their stock holders.  I guess they forgot that its the customers that pay monthly fees for thier service that effect their bottom line.  I will be switching to Comcast shortly if this does not get resolved.

0 Likes
Bring back the Weather Channel!
TWCforNYC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accuweather is a laughably poor substitute for the local weather coverage of the Weather Channel.  Its' tediously slow coverage of the entire country without frequent and informative local updates leaves thousands of New York City apartment dwellers without a clue as to the outside temperature and how many layers to put on each morning!!! Please bring back the Weather Channel!

TWCforNYC

mdenunzio
Enthusiast - Level 1

How dare Verizon assume that I use "alternative sources" to get weather news, and how DARE they try to force me to use such a poor alternative in accuweather? Verizon, you are a BULLY, and I'm seriously considering cutting back on my package.  You want my money? get THE WEATHER CHANNEL back on the lineup.

0 Likes
weather channel
parlady99

Bring back the weather channel.  I have watched the accu weather channel and it is a joke compared to the weather channel.  Very disappointed in Fios for dropping the weather channel.  I hope Verizon will reconsider.

0 Likes
cjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 3

In Verizon's statement about dropping TWC they state "In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps. " By that logic, they can also drop all news, sports, and entertainment channels since customers are also getting those from online sources. Of course, this totally ignores the fact that many people, including most senior citizens have neither a computer nor a smartphone. Verizon - stop with your lame excuses. Stop being cheap and ignoring your customers. You have taken many other channels out of our package, but have not lowered the cost. BRING BACK TWC!!!!! I'm trying to be loyal to Verizon since my mom worked for the phone company (it was AT&T, then Bell Atlantic at the time) for 30 yrs, but without TWC I will switch providers.

joker211
Contributor - Level 1

olivercat

Just currios if you do that.  Won't you lose the 3 bundle and then be paying much more?  So you be punishing yourself and not Fios

0 Likes
Re: Bring back the weather channel, accuweather is not the best weather channel
Vinnygret
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exfinity/Comcast in Maryland still carries both the Weather Channel and Weatherscan. Weatherscan was my favorite and I used it EVERY DAY. No commercials and the local area weather was shown. If these channels are not restored to Verizon customers, I will be going to Comcast. No one asked me about whether I liked/used those channels. As far as I am concerned, they could take ALL my sports channels, ALL of them and give me back something I used daily. If they do not address this, I will definitely go to another cable provider or cancel pay TV altogether. And to offer me Weatherbug??? I used that annoying service in the 1990s. Nothing like offering cutting edge technology. I want what I was paying for and was satisfied with. If Verizon thinks I use the internet to get weather information, I can do without pay TV altogether.

0 Likes
Re: NO WEATHER CHANNEL?
Vinnygret
Enthusiast - Level 1

Comcast does have both the Weather Channel and Weatherscan. For the time being, anyway. I hope they offer their service online - then I can just get rid of pay TV altogether.

0 Likes
DMCMULLEN

I am very upset about Verizon not renewing The Weather Channel contract.  That was one of the channels I enjoyed watching EVERY DAY.  I do not like the substitute AcuWeather Channel.

The cost of cable is high enough and if I don't even get the channel I love I will have to look at other providers that have The Weather Channel.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!

Thank you.

D. McMullen

0 Likes
Accuweather VS The Weather Channel
jeremys1

I want The Weather  Channel back!!!!  I am looking into changing to COMCAST...you keep changing my package bundle and I'm fed up with it!!!  Accuweather stiinks. 

0 Likes