Re: The Weather Channel
jeremys1

I agree.....Accuweather is not worth watching!

0 Likes
RAHill

I just found out that Verizon cancelled the Weather Channel and I am quite **bleep** off!
You stick me with religeous channels and marketingg channels and sports channels, NONE of which I want, NONE of which you will remove and credit me for, and yet you take away one of the FEW NON COMMMERICAL CHANNELS THAT HAS A PURPOSE !!
Every week something else goes wrong due to either your refusal to upgrade your infrastructure (Pay per movies are garbaged, if they play, internet access crawls for hours, etc) or else some "person" (not the word I want to use but ..) in your senior staff makes a STUPID decision like this one.   There is less and less each week to keep me from signing with ComCast, who, at least don't drop watched channels.

RETURN THE WEATHER CHANNEL TO ALL LINEUPS !

Now .. does anyone from Verizon actually lower themselves to read what their customers *(who pay for their job) think of their service ??

0 Likes
Re: Accuweather VS The Weather Channel
pattyz1

After surviving a winter in Boston, I probably watched the weather channel as much/more than any other station the past few months. Accuweather is not a substitute. It barely gives any information. We pay a fortune. The weather channel should be part of the basic package. I want it back. I wonder if comcast or rcn carry the weather channel.

0 Likes
rickardsh

I want to lodge a request that you return the weather channel.  The people on AccuWeather are difficult to understand, and they are so hyper you have a nervous disorder after watching for 15 minutes.  Local weather station is virtually useless.

0 Likes
Verizon - time to get back to work! Restart the negotiations!
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
The weekend is soon over. Time for Verizon to put on their game face and negotiate with the Weather Channel on behalf of we, the subscribers. We're waiting ... but we won't wait forever.

PS - have you noticed that we've reached nearly 1,000 comments on this forum? That alone should wake someone up!
poor quality and no weather channel
bwinthrop
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have turned cable away from more door at least 3 times a year without letting them even make an offer. That now changes. the quality of my picture lately sucks and now i find out the weather channel is gone? all the money you make and you cant spring for the weather channel? Wheres my refund? that part of the package that you will now be saving millions on. And you come up with your own version? Im ok with FIOS 1 news, but not a low buget weather product. I am definitely shopping. This is the thanks we get for loyalty. Whats next? FIOS Box Office?

webmagic6

I use the weather channel and the radar on 49 to track severe weather. Now I don't have an easily accessable radar unless I go online. what a crock.  I live in tornado alley. not only does having an available radar help me but I keep my kids informed on when the storm is going to hit where they are. btw. hate the new weather channel.

0 Likes
Avmal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am truly disappointed that Verizon dropped TWC. Many others like myself will take the steps to change this issue by switching providers. We all agree that sometimes change is good. However putting on a product such as Accuweather replacing TWC is unacceptable. If Verizon truly puts their viewers first, then TWC will be restored. If not, then we can deliver the massage by saying goodbye to VERIZON.  More and more other cable companies will pay the termination fee that occures to get our commitment.

Unhappycamper21
Very unhappy with dropping the weather channel which was important. It may drive my decision to change providers.
0 Likes
Re: Accuweather VS The Weather Channel
Tartuffe1975

Here's my problem with Accuweather.  It's a Philly based operation that focuses on weather in the Northeast.  They pay token attention to weather elsewhere.  The only local, 10 day forecast I can access on the "weather bug" is for Carrollton - not even in the county I live in.  When tornado season arrives do you think we're going to get the kind of in-depth warnings, alerts, and reporting that The Weather Channel routinely offers?  Of course we won't.  I'm very upset Verizon couldn't figure out how to retain TWC and instead offers up this laughable replacement.

0 Likes