Re: Accuweather VS The Weather Channel
nkwak

I agree. Where can we officially complain? While I have not enjoyed weather channel beating the drum on climate change I have found the secondary channel that is focused on my local area to be much more informative than the crappy phone apps, of which Accuweather.com and Weatherbug are among the WORST.  

0 Likes
Re: Accuweather VS The Weather Channel
Carol52
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree with the comments about Accuweather. It is NOT a substitute for The Weather Channel. I firmly believe that Verizon needs to BRING BACK The Weather Channel. The Weather Channel is much, much, much better than Accuweather. I don't understand why or how Verizon made the decision that they didn't need to offer The Weather Channel and could just replace it with Accuweather. Replacing The Weather Channel with Accuweather is a TERRIBLE MISTAKE on Verizon's part. I don't know what it will take for Verizon to "see the light" and bring back The Weather Channel. Accuweather is TERRIBLE and doesn't NOT provide the same information as The Weather Channel. If Accuweather were good, why do all the network TV channels use The Weather Channel? I don't know of any network TV channel who uses Accuweather. Maybe, just maybe, someone in Verizon has a "vested" interest in Accuweather. Why doesn't Verizon take a poll of their subscribers??
Re: poor quality and no weather channel
minerva3

I am ready to discontiue my service with verizon if they do not bring back the weather channel.... 

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
alf5

It has to be apparent, from all the other folks who are chiming in here, The Weather Channel is/was a major draw for Verizon FiOS.  I can not believe you expect us to accept accu-weather as a comparable channel.  I will not watch it.  It is dull and flat.  Bring back what your customers want.  I didn't want to switch to Verizon FiOS in the first place, but did so for the bundling aspect as my husband suggested.  I am going to look into switching back to another cable provider soon if this issue is not resolved.  

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
Jaysgrammy
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree completely! AccuWeather is boring. Along with great on-site reports, I also enjoyed the Weather Channel special programs. What do we have to do to get it back? Does anyone from Verizon even read these posts?
0 Likes
mfullen

I am not one to usually complain about the comings and goings of channels in the line up however I feel compelled to speak up about the dropping of The Weather Channel in favor of AccuWeather.  AccuWeather is by far an inferior product when doing an apple-to-apple compare. That being said, I haven't noticed my FIOS TV bill going down which tells me that I'm paying a premium for an inferior channel.  If Verizon intends to keep this garbage on as part of its channel lineup then the least they can do is give us a few dollars back in return.   I like to believe in the saying "you get what you pay for", in this case I'm not.

0 Likes
jimsie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Go to Keep the weather channel.com

0 Likes
persido1
I think alot of the posters on this forum are associated with the weather channel or nbc/ comcrap. TWC is a joke, shows about fat guys in the woods and naming snow storms (thank god that hasn't caught on). I live in Massachusetts the best place to get my local weather is from my local stations, and if I want to see shows about fat people in the woods I'll watch TLC or Discovery, they show crap like that.
0 Likes
jo1234

The weather Channel is greatly missed in our house.  We would like to see it reinstated.  Verizon should learn to do customer surveys before making sweeping changes that effect so many.  I are thinking about changing providers.

0 Likes
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Still no weather channel..... Wake up Verizon.
0 Likes