Re: I want The Weather Channel back
rpplano
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is so depressing. I was an early FIOS adopter when it was in a trial here in Plano.  The services on fiber have been overall very fine. This latest programming change has really affected us because we have always watched and been supporters of TWC before there was a FIOS. Wewatch it for its programs also.  I could go back to DirecTV for video and just keet FIOS for internet, I guess. Too bad I just renewed my services. 😞

Re: The Weather Channel
SettledinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon -

I am glad my 2 year agreement is almost ended since you have taken away one of the 5 channels we watch the most.  Yes, sure I can get my weather from online sources, but so too can I get most of the programming you offer now.  However, it was the convenience and the ability to wake up every morning and see the local on the 8's and national weather stories.  On top of that, I am somewhat offended by the offer that after two years, you are recommending a package that is $50 more per month than my current deal!  Really?  Certainly you are making it easier for me to switch. 

Avmal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been several days now since Verizon removed TWC. This so called weather station Accuweather is not even watchable. Please tell us this is some kind of joke. The sad part is while viewing our new Accuweather station, during the late evening, they were giving that afternoon forecasts.  I thought I was watching SNL.

joynyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am angry and disgusted that Verizon dropped The Weather Channel--one of the most useful and popular of all channels. Accuweather is useless  and so is the stupid widget that replaced channel 49,   When my contract is up I will search other providers to get the programming I want and need,

margarete1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so upset, the weather Channel being dropped, get rid of some of the crappy channels that no one watches, going to switch when contract is up, Weather on the 8s kept us informed on the East Coast, 

At least get some station that gives local infomation, Big Mistake is right, 

mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

Can't believe that Verizon hasn't responded to customers with all of their complaints about the removal of TWC from the lineup.   The new accuweather channel is horrnedous, really unwatchable and appears to be filmed in someone's garage and put together by a high school media class.  What a waste of an HD channel.    I worry that after this first week or so uproar from customers things will start to die down and people will stop complaining about TWC's removal and nothing will change.

HoneysMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still angry about lossing the Weather channel and channel 49 local weather. I wrote a letter to Verizon corporate HQ 140 West Street,

New York, NY 10013

I suggest everyone send a letter snail mail. Then they can't ignore us.

Bring back TWC, I read that the weather channel had offered a lower price then the last contrat. Of course Acuweather is cheaper because it's not ready for prime time.

Naps33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Boo to Verizon FiOS for removing The Weather Channel! It's 2015 you don't take stuff away you add to it.

Obviously it was a better deal for Verizon to add AccuWeather Network instead of renewing The Weather Channel. Will the savings be passed on to subscribers?

Adding AccuWethaer Network is a nice feature but NOT at the cost of losing TWC. That is like adding CBS Sports and removing ESPN. Or maybe leasing a Lexus and having the dealer replace the car with a used Corolla. Sure it will get you around but it's not whatyou want. It makes no sense.

Bring back TWC.

When is FiOS going to add History 2 H2, CNBC World, CNN International & HLN in HD format?

The Weather Channel or lack there of.
EVelcoff1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already miss The Weather Channel! I'm really disappointed in Verizon and their lack of customer service. The only reason that we renewed our cable agreement with Verizon was because the Satellite provider we were switching to had a lapse in their agreement with "The Weather Channel"(they now carry it of course.)

Also, I think that the reason for TWC cancellation Verizon offered shows a sad future for Verizon employees. While it is true that more and more people get their weather from smart devices, they also get there entertainment (TV, movies), from those same devices.

Moving into the future, as Comcast continues to eat away at Verizon's commercial business and wireless cell carriers continue to become more and more identical with their products and services, what product will Verizon offer that will increase revenue and grow shareholder value? FIOS?(I love it!) Maybe but again, the same consumers that get the weather on their tablet, stream video over wifi(Netflix, Hulu, etc). They don't need FIOS. 

I know this will fall on deaf ears but I at least feel better venting!

Steve175
Enthusiast - Level 2

@HoneysMom wrote:

I am still angry about lossing the Weather channel and channel 49 local weather. I wrote a letter to Verizon corporate HQ 140 West Street,

New York, NY 10013

I suggest everyone send a letter snail mail. Then they can't ignore us.

Bring back TWC, I read that the weather channel had offered a lower price then the last contrat. Of course Acuweather is cheaper because it's not ready for prime time.

Good information - my letter will be mailed in the a.m. - We have had absolutely no response from FiOS - just canned answers from phone calls, etc.  This is disgraceful. 

Edited to add original post,