The Weather Channel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

You have breeched the spirit of the contract by allowing TWC to expire.  This is unacceptable.  The AccuWeather channel and weather widget are poor, insufficient substitutes.  I used TWC and weatherscan channel every day.

TWC provides unmatched coverage in times of crisis and natural diaster.  How can you justify dropping this resource?  There are hundreds of chanels of useless programming clogging my TV, and you drop TWC.  Unbelieveable. 

Did you ever take a poll or solicit feedback before you made this decision?

What are you goin to do for your customers to remedy this.  Will I see a decrease in my bill?

-Andrew

Re: The Weather Channel
cwhite0319
Enthusiast - Level 1
Bring back the local radar and TWC. I'm already paying more for Verizon services than the other competitors and if I'm paying more, I expect to get more. I no longer have a two year contract so I'm free to go wherever with my services. if you do not switch it back, we will be moving our services to one of your competitors.
PM914
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree. The Accu Weather channel is a poor subsitute for TWC. In fact, I find it useless. Bring back TWC, please.

PM914
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back TWC. The Accu Weather channel is useless.

tank17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I and my family arein total agreement with your comments.  We referred to TWC several times a day at the minimum. This is very upsetting to us, especially with the Spring storm season arriving.  Must have been a Verizon "Executive Decision"!?!?  Bad Form

creative2
Enthusiast - Level 1

What happened to the nice weather channel we had?  It was very informative for our area, including all the pictures from around the states, radar, interesting facts. Now the AccuWeather STINKS.  ITS TOTALLY WORTHLESS.  TAKE IT OFF AND BRING BACK A WEATHER CHANNEL1111

ksterz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also just renewed my contract.  I am very disappointed that you have decided that the weather channel is useless to us.  During all the storms that we had over the winter, the weather channel and weather scan was on most of the time.  You people seem to think that customers don't watch those channels anymore.  Not everybody has smart phones and want to waste their battery trying to info about the weather on their phones.  Bring back the WEATHER CHANNEL, you have made a BIG MISTAKE.  Accuweather and weather bug are HORRIBLE AND I DON'T EVEN WATCH THOSE CHANNELS AND HAVE REMOVED THEM FROM MY FAVORITES.  Now I have to wait for the news at noon, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm.  NOT VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

dktobin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately our FIOS contract runs for another 13 months.  If Comcast has Weatherscan and Verizon has not corrected its egregious error in canceling the channel, we will be returning to Comcast.  Obviously, Verizon executives do not live lives like their customers.  Of all the channels offered by FIOS, Weatherscan is the one we use most often.  We don't watch hours on end.  We turned to it before going outside.  It was invaluable to us this winter with string after string of snow storms and bouts of very cold weather.  We've tried ACCU-weather and it may get better.  The Weatherbug widget is clearly a cruel joke.  Setting up the widget is not difficult but is far from easy.  Getting to it while watching TV is excruciating and the information provides no weather radar, wind chil, etc.  Turning on the TV and going to Channel 49, now that's easy.  The notification to customers spoke volumes about Verizon's monopolistic practices.  What idiot thought it was a good idea to send an email at 2 AM and that constituted good customer service? 

frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Accuweather did a great job this morning on the snow squall that that moved thru NJ, NY and CT this morning with their prerecorded forecasts..... NOT!!! the prerecorded forecast are useless when a sudden weather event occurs. Go ask those that go into accidents this morning..... BTW: we also can get our news on the phone and iPad, so do we really need all the 24/7 news channels??????
Weatherscan/Weather channel
rwsntx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me add my disappointment at the removal of the Weatherscan and Weather Channel from the Fios lineup.  Weatherscan in particular was very informative and helpful when checking the weather conditions and radar for our area.  The Weatherchannel was also very helpful, but I will admit that the reality type TV shows they broadcast were not something I was interested in.  They continued to run these shows even when parts of the country were experiencing some type of weather event, sometimes even severe weather.  This channel was especially helpful when upcoming travel plans included an area experiencing storm conditions.  Perhaps a separate channel would be more appropriate for these weather TV shows.  Anyway, the replacements you gave us, Accuweather and Weatherbug, aren't very good at all.  Weatherbug in particular is a pain to use.  They are vastly inferior to what you took away, so some sort of discount should be in order.

I would also like to comment on the cowardly way you chose to make this change.  You gave no advance notice, choosing instead to just let your customers wake up one day to find that these channels were gone and an email telling us that the reason was because most people use other devices to check the weather now.  Really, Verizon?    That tells me that you knew it was not going to be a popular choice, yet you did it anyway. 

The number of complaints you've received over this change should tell you something.  Your customers want these channels back!  Hopefully you are working on that as I type this.