Re: The Weather Channel
Nos1
Enthusiast - Level 2
At this point after many years as your loyal customers, we are strongly considering switching back to Time Warner Cable. We all miss the Weather Channel. The substitute that you are offering now is totally unacceptable, as are MANY of your useless channels. FIOS on demand? Bring back the Weather Channel, or good-bye, Verizon!
TMD90
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is losing what little concern they had for the consumer.  This will bring a change in proviers into consideration when the time comes around.  Not only do you dump THE Weather Channel network for some dumpy accuweather station, you force my box to your dumpy local channel every time i turn it on.  Arrogant!  I pay top dollar, give me what I signed up for and stop reaching into my house and telling me what to watch!!!!!!   Direct TV or Dish, here I come!

Bring Back the Weather Channels!
WazzupVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon eliminating the Weather Channel -- channels 49 and 119 in my area -- is one of its WORST programming decisions. Another bad decision is the channels Verizon selected for replacements -- The WeatherBug and AccWeather, respectively.  These offer no local current weather information and, to boot, AccuWeather's information is delayed -- you get hours-old forecasts now -- it's not current.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNELS!!!!!

PJW1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, you need to bring back The Weather Channel.  I like having ACCURATE AND TIMELY local weather.  Having Accuweather is ridiculous..I do not care about weather in Phoeniz and I do not want to wait until Accuweather gets to the local weather. In addition, the WeatherBug is inaccurate and takes too long to bring up.  I spend too much money each month for Accuweather and WeatherBug!!

No Weather Channel - A disgrace
rjack67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand that Verizon thought the Weather Channel was getting too expensive and people found weather info elsewhere but that is no excuse for cancelling some of the best programming on TV. The Weather Channel actually contained very informative shows about nature, science in general, and other things in addition to weather info. It was far more entertaing than alot of what others call reality TV on other stations like TNT, CW, etc. Please consider bringing the Weather Channel back into your lineup.

cheved
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want channel 49 back. It was great you could track the local weather and temperature this accu-weather doesn't show the local weather who cares about New Jersey and Albany weather if you live in Baltimore.?

generalopinion
I agree. The Weather Channel had less weather reporting than MTV plays music. I also found that
TWC was way off most pf the time. I welcome tbe change.
0 Likes
Re: Accuweather Improvements
generalopinion
So to be fair I disliked the TWC for years and found it somewhat irritating to pay for a network that is supposed to forecast weather but spent less time on forecasts than MTV plays music vids. I am happy to have another service that i actually use on my smartphone and is much more accurate than TWC. Gotta give change a chance....
0 Likes
Winter Weather Advisory
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for SC Pennsylvania. I tuned to Accuweather and they show a lovely day in San Jose, CA. Oh, and 2/3 of the screen looks like an ad.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS ANOTHER CABLE COMPANY THAT CAN TELL ME WHAT THE WEATHER CHANNEL IS SAYING???
jpj1009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried to watch AccuWeather many times, but still have not ever seen a forecast for Pittsburgh. I do not know why they would not show a large city like Pittsburgh, but show it for Islip NY. This is completely worthless. The last time I had a Comcast sales rep stop by they offered to beat Verizon's price and pay the early termination fee. I have been a Fios customer for years, but it may be time to try to get that offer from Comcast.