Re: The Weather Channel
jdaugher
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon please renew your subscription to the Weather Channel (ch 119) and the local WC weather (ch 49). Had you put out a survey of your customers, you would have found that we actually do use these channels.  Mostly my children use it as they do not have phones and the computer/internet has not been turned on yet and want to check the weather quickly in the morning.  I also use it when my phone is downstairs.

Another issue is with your replacement.  The Weather Bug (replaced ch 49) is completely inaccurate.  It was saying the snow was supposed to be for Thursday, March 19 when every weather site and meterologist have the snow coming on Friday, March 20.  I have zero confidence in the Weather Bug widget on FiOS TV. 

Accuweather (replaced ch 119) shows every city in the country.  If you want to see your own city, you need to wait up to 15 minutes to see your city's forecast.  This is unacceptable!  You need to find a better way for those of us who like to use the TV to get the local weather forecast within a reasonable time period (a few minutes or less).

Again, Verizon please renew your Weather Channel subscription for FiOS TV.

HoneysMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Islip, NY is an airport where data is already gathered for the pilots and airport. Living on Long Island it is important to have local weather as in NYC the high rise bldgs effort the city weather. Long Island surrounded with water and low rise bldg has very different weather then New York City. I live on the south shore nearer to the city then Islip. My weather is closer to Farmingdale, NY (another airport)  The north shore has dillerent weather then south shore. South shore near Atlantic ocean and north shore on long island sound, protected by conn.

Cablevision had our Farmingdale weather via the weather channel all day long. on Verizon with the weather channel we had islip weather on channel 49, not best but much better then acuweather.

If Verizon understood that there are micro climates and cared about their customers. they would have show local weather to each individual local area. In these digital times this is easy to do using zip codes and computer software.

We should all demand to have our local weather on our TVs

Bring back the Weather Channel!

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

Apparently my area is expecting snow tonight. How much should I expect? No idea if I depend on this worhless weather widget or Accuweather. The wacky widget just says snow/rain. I guess its back to the fashion radio to find out or just stick my head out the window to see what its doing and hope for the best. Verizon is pathetic. 

tampa_fl_cust
Enthusiast - Level 1

They have until the start of hurricane season.  I don't know anyone in Florida who will use a cable service that doesn't have TWC during hurricane season.  

Give us back the weather channel.
MedicJim
Enthusiast - Level 1

As a weather enthusiast, I like to obtain information from many differnt sources.  That being said, the ONE source that is always weather all the time and has countless proffessionals who have been working as meteorologists and TV personalities for a LONG time, is the Weather Channel.  I'm sorry Verizon, but Accuweather is just terrible.  Its terrible.  You have to bring back the weather channel.  When my two year contract is up, I'll be an Optimum customer if FIOS does not have the Weather Channel back.  There are many channels I could probably do with out....the Weather Channel is NOT one of them.  This was a very poor choice.  I know contracts work two ways, but some times you just have to make it happen.  VERIZON, YOU NEED TO BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KBrenner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring it back.  We depend on The Weather Channel.  We depend on the Local as well as National.  I have to wait forever for Accuweather to display Tampa. Its annoying.  What a bad decision.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
babbit1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, there is no comparison of this poor rendition on Accuweather to what the Weather Channel provided. Additionally Fios charges just keep increasing for less and less. The few channels I do want are only provided with packages,  so I am stuck getting it for what I really want.

Re: Give us back the weather channel.
HoneysMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Corporate HQ just called in responce to my letter. She repeated the info in the email.I interrupted her as I had heard this before. She insisted I hear what she had to say. Then she repeated the email of March 10th again.

She suggested I use the widget on channel 49. I explained that I use the radar that the weather channel has that shows a 3 hour window. That way I know when the rain or snow is coming or when it will be gone. Then I know when to run earns and when I need to be home. I told her the real time radar is not provided

She explained that Verizon decided not to renew with the weather channel. She will be filing a complaint for me with Verizon. She said that the complaint will not cause Verizon to change their decision.

I asked if I should wait to see if Verizon will bring back the weather channel? Or should I talk to someone about changing to another service provider. She said verizons decision on the weather channel is final. She stated that I could call 1800verizon.

SusanneMcGlynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Considering the weather that the New England area experieced these past two months I cannot imagine having "tuned into" AccuWeather to get an accurate, up-to-date report on the blizzard conditions that we experienced based on what I have seen since the change was made.

The lack of a "local" weather report is appalling. 

I have attempted to watch the new program but am sorely disappointed in the content, the poor quality of transmission, the seemingly unqualified personnel who "pop in and out" of the reporting and the lack of reporting of local conditions.

I do not, as was suggested, use "aps".

I agree that the Weather Channel should be restored to the line-up in the "bundle" I chose.

PLEASE listen to the users of your product: return the Weather Channel and the Local Forecast channel.

frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
We need this channel back now. The Accuweather forecasters wear the same dresses on consecutive days, so its apparent they record and replay the taped forecasts.
0 Likes