Re: The Weather Channel
acconite49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I might be with you on this and I'll have to recheck - I was told my ETF would be $180.  You are right - if they took something from my package, I should be able to remove something from theirs also.  I have cable, home phone, cell phone and internet all with Verizon, but if I could just get another cable provider and not pay an ETF, this is a great idea!

0 Likes
No wetaher Channel - no contract
judiet12

I have Verizon FIOS for our three TV's, internet and land telephone lines.  Please send me the number to call  to cancel these services since you violated that contract when you took away The Weather Channel for some second rate Accuweather channel.  I have wathced Jim Cantore for years and I watch the weather channel every day because it has a great line-up of informative shows.  What other channel lets me struggle with Jaime to keep "the Highway from Hell" open (who even knew there was a highway from hell).  What is your justification  for terminating this very popular show.... can't be the ratings because everyone I know watches the Weather Channel...often for seveeral hours a day.

So again, who do I call  to cancel my contract.  No weather channel...no me. 

0 Likes
bringbackTWCnow
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's ridiculous that FIOS dropped a critical resource for millions of people - The Weather Channel - yet still carries channels no one watches or cares about. 

Accuweather is no substitute for TWC and Verizon is being reckless and endangering lives by not carrying The Weather Channel. Whatever top level exec at Verizon who made this decision and who obviously has an issue with another exec at TWC needs to get over it or be removed from Verizon immediately.

If TWC is not brought back soon we will switch back to Comcast. 

What happned to the WEather Channel?
IrisNT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems like we lost The WEather Channel.  When i checked yesterday, there was weather on channel 619, but not The Weather Channel. Thanks.

aliveandwell
Enthusiast - Level 1

Glad to see someone else is paying as much as I am. And they have the nerve to remove TWC. Moving on to Comcast. They are cheaper anyway. AND they have TWC.

Re: Give us back the weather channel.
JDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, and after 50 years, Accuweather should have figured out how to do it right.  How much longer do you want to give them - another 50 years?  They still won't have the same qualtiy the Weather Channel has.

Meanwhile, we're coming up on Hurricane and Tornado season.  GIVE US BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!  LIVES DEPEND ON ACCURATE WEATHER FORECASTS AND CURRENT UPDATES!  The Weather Channel provides this.  (In)AccuWeather does not.

I had to go online to find out how much snow we were supposed to get today.  I'm glad it wasn't a severe thunderstorm!

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
aliveandwell
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Fred, I am with you. I truly hope Verizon is regretting this decision. It was underhanded. There was no scroll announcing their decision. Just PUFF here today gone tomorrow. No respect for the customers. After Jim Cantore did his thunder snow thing.....did they think the customers would be happy?  TWC will always be a part of our snow days......with Comcast.

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
HoneysMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a call from Verizon corporate HQ, in response to my letter. I was told that verizon's decision is final. My complaint is registered but will not have an impact. I was told to call 1-800-verizon to cancel service.

She may me feel like Verizon did not care about my enjoying TWC and was not worried about me canceling my package that costs $300/ month.

Restore The Weather Channel into programing
RRover1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Re: Restore The Weather Channel into programing
BunnyM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Definately need to restore The Weather Chanel to programing