Re: I want The Weather Channel back
paj9zo
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is despicable. There is no comparison between TWC and Vacu-Weather. FIOS is pushing the limits of its subsribers with this  - and without any notifcation aside from the mind-numbing corporate language. We have used Verizon for years going back to the old days. Between internet, TV, land line and three cell phones, we pay Verizon an average of $400.00 per month. It's time to start looking elsewhere. If they can take away from us, we can walk away from them.

Re: The Weather Channel
ldmbluefish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon you are terrible, I have called 5 times to file an compalnt about losing the Weather Channel and told the same thing, contract expired. Well Verizon you let it expire because AccurWeather was cheap. It's cheap because it doesn't give a good weather report and the widget is a joke.  Get with it Verizon don't your customers count.  Your research is flawed.  Get the Weather Channel back on, I will call Comcast soon it not.

Lodging Complaints About The Weather Channel
WazzupVerizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent an email to that senior executive expressing my dissatisfacion over the Verizon decision to drop The Weather Channel.

My bet is that Verizon, in its quest to make as much money as possible, will opt to ignore the many hundreds/thousands of complaints and pleas from its paying customers.  Like many other companies, Verizon has lost its grasp on the true meaning of "customer satisfaction."  And of course, those same customers now have nowhere on Verizon TV to turn for timely, accurate, local weather information since AccuWeather (a misnomer) and the WeatherBug are relatively worthless.

mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not only is it hard to find this blog, it's hard to post once you do.  I had to logon to my account, then my Verizon page kept loading.  I'd click back to the blog, then the page would load again.  Took about 5 tries before I could get to the post page. Verizon obviously doesn't want anyone to be able to complain.

TWC and Weatherscan were very helpful for us, esp. Weatherscan for quick checks of the live radar.  If Verizon doesn't bring them back, we're changing to Cox, which still has them both.  If Verizon loses enough customers, maybe they'll reconsider how they treat us.  They'll lose far more money than if they had just kept TWC and Weatherscan.

romeornbow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I subscribed to FiOS TV partly because it had The Weather Channel.  If it didn't have TWC I would not have subscribed.

Now Verizon tells us that they dropped TWC, and gives some corporate-speak malarkey for an explanation.  This was done secretly, with no notice.

Now I have a TV service, with a two-year contract, that is pretty much worthless to me.

Unless this gets settled real quickly, I will be canceling my FiOS services.  I expect to be able to do so without a penalty, since they are no longer providing what they promised.  I'm sure that somewhere in some fine print they have given themselves the right to do whatever they want.

There are also lots of avenues for complaints against Verizon, such as the PSC and the local franchise grantor (usually your local government).  I'll be complaining about this everywhere I can.  If you are unhappy about the loss of TWC, I hope you do so as well.

ShelbyR
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is one more reason I will be switching back to Comcast once my contract with Verizon is up.  I gave Accuweather a try.  It took 5 minutes for Pittsburgh to roll around.  It has no radar on the local weather info.  True, I could go to a widget but the radar is not in motion.

I would be fine with Accuweather if it had local radar streaming like the Weather channel does and if it provided more info every so many minutes like the Weather channel doe "Local on the 8's".

Re: Weather Channel
sewingdiva541
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've been a customer of Verizon Fios for a number of years, Verizon DSL before that. I've become increasingly aggravated by over charges on my bills, increasing rates, Customer Service reps I cannot understand and channels dropped. Dropping The Weather Channel finally put me over the edge. My new carrier is coming in next week and has told me they will reimburse me for any termination fees Verizon squeezes out of my wallet. Verizon said there were other resources for weather updates. Verizon is right! My new resource is my new internet/phone/tv provider.
tam1952a
Enthusiast - Level 1

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL AND THE LOCAL WEATHER ON CHANNEL 49!!!!!!  The "Acuweather" STINKS BIG TIME and this weather bug thing is pure CRAP!!!  It is giving weather for someplace I can't even find on a map!!!  If the problem is price then get rid of half the news channels that do nothing but repeat what news is reported by other news channels.  How many ways can you honestly report the SAME news???  Also, get rid of half the sports channels because there are just too many of them out there!!!  With these reductions the cost of the Weather Channel should be easy to pay!

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL, it is one of the few channels with something worth watching!!!!

Bring The Weather Channel Back!
eyesblue
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am very ANGRY that Verizon has dropped The Weather Channel! I have been watching the Weather Channel since the 1980's. It is one of my favorite stations and I would have it on for hours when there was a storm. I also enjoyed watching the stories The Weather Channel would show. Also every time a storm was approaching I would turn on weather scan to check the radar. Now there is no more radar! It's a joke that Verizon thinks that Accu weather is even close to being comparable to The Weather Channel. Do they think we are **bleep**! I just renewed my contract for another 2 years and a week later I find out that Verizon dropped The Weather Channel. Do you think customer service could have mentioned that they will no longer be including the Weather Channel when I renewed so I could make the decision whether I still want to renew. No, because Verizon just wants our money and couldn't care less about what the customers think. We should get a discount or be able to drop our contract with no penalty since they dropped the Weather Channel without notifying us. It's totally ridiculous the amount of money Verizon charges us for FIOS and they can't renew the contract for The Weather Channel. Bring Back The Weather Channel!!!!
Granny85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do too.  The replacement is just not acceptable.  This is not what I paid for and I am seriously considering a change in providers.