Re: The Weather Channel
arminhammer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want my Weather Channel back! Keep your Accuweather but I insist you bring back the Weather Channel. The first and iconic all weather related broadcasting for over 20+ years The Weather Channel.

acconite49
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel is a necessary channel that should be  in every basic cable package.  The weather affects everyone and all aspects of our lives.  It should never be up for debate whether or not to pull the channel. The higher-ups are paid well for their negotiating and managing skills and their abilities to serve the public.  They should never get into a situation where something this important impedes their ability to reach a resolution amicably.  Their customers should not be placed in a position to feel they must jump ship to receive services they were promised.  The entire cable experience is to have choices to get information and be entertained, and not just have what someone decides you should have.

You all need to get this together and remember what made you so  successful - your customers!  We matter. 

Re: I want The Weather Channel back
jman529
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, Bring Back The Weather Channel.  When I agreed to the Fios Contract it was due in part to the Weather Channel being a part of the package.  (not AccuWeather.)    Unless the Weather Channel is returned to the program lineup I will have to consider Not Renewing my FIOS Service. 

FilmBuff65
Enthusiast - Level 2
My wife has been complaining every day about the loss of the weather channel and weather scan. She watched these channels all the time. She vehemently despises accuweather and weatherbug. It is a bad business decision to remove a channel that many have been watching for 33 years. Your explanatory email about how people get the weather had to be written by an arrogant 30 year old. If you cared to survey your older customers, you will find that they prefer to get their weather on the television rather than on their smart phone.
weather12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel the same way, we pay enough money for this service and I leave fios unfortunately.  Why in the world would they get rid of the most popular weather station in the world???  Who knows but I am changing this service to someone who appreciates their customers.  Remember the customer is always right!

DGans
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree and am reviewing options for other service providers.  Cant believe that a mainstream like the TWC would just be eliminated.

Time to say goodbye to Fios and my entire home package.

Not Happy!

THE WEATHER CHANNEL
AnnieB6
Enthusiast - Level 1

SO, YOU YANKED OUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL FROM UNDER YOUR CUSTOMERS.  NO WARNING THAT IT WAS GOING.  DOES THAT MEAN ALL OF OUR BILLS WILL GO DOWN BECAUSE WE'RE NOT PAYING FOR THE WEATHER CHANNEL ANY LONGER?  🙂

FedUpInFMTX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back the Weather Channel. Your supplied "Alternative" methods for accurate weather infomation are lame at best.

We always depended on the local radar on channel 49 (even though standard definition) because it was the quickest way to know where the rough weather is or is heading. No waiting for infomation about NY City or commercials!!!!

I'll make you a deal --- I will trade you ALL of my hispanic channels for the weather channel and the local redar.

Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe Verizon is not reading these posts But their competitor's sure are. My mail box (Snail Mail) has been full of offers from other providers. With offers of paying any etf incurred to free equipment for 12 months. I can't believe Verizon is willing to loose more money then it paid for the Weather Channel. Something more going on here. Is it Homophobia because twc hired openly gay Sam Champion. Was that the last straw for Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: THE WEATHER CHANNEL
samira0102
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new AccuWeather channel sucks big time! Bring back the true Weather Channel, give the customers a credit for yanking the weather channel. There was no prior notification that the service was going to be yanked. 

I hate this new AccuWeatherSmiley Mad