Re: The Weather Channel
luvTWC

I agree ... my wife discribed accuweather as 'watching a train wreck' .... too bad for us I just renewed for another 2 yrs .... so can't switch back to cox  ..... also noticed no reduction in my bill, for the savings verizon is getting ..... 'cause we all know it's all about money !

0 Likes
lshute0353
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please verizon bring back the weather channel.  I only watch a few channels on fios, one of which is the weather channel which is a necessity.  Their live coverage of the weather with Stephanie Abrams, Al Roker, Sam Champion, Jim Cantore are very missed by me.  I dont know what executives made the decision of terminating this channel and replace it with Accuweather must have had rocks in their heads.  Accuweather is very poor and no where in the league of the weather channel.  I also miss the Prospectors and Highway to Hell to name a few of series they also show on this channel. I wake up with this channel every morning.  I think you should have surveyed the 5-6 million customers before you take channels off the air.  I rely on this channel regarding traveling on vacation and my everyday life. 

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL PLEASE. 

Captain23T
Enthusiast - Level 1
Seriously!! As part of my career TWC is seriously my favorite channel. I watch it 24/7. We live in tornado alley and the local TV networks don't always give you the best picture of current events. The stories and cast on TWC are real time and it is seriously one of the most real channels out there!!! I have no contract Verizon and am seriously seeking a network that believes in TWC!! BRING IT BACK! Your ACCU BUG CHANNEL is a waste of space & everyone's time!
Plinky
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel is the only channel my Spanish speaking mother watches that is not in Spanish.  This morning she was confussed trying to figure out the new channel.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel-don't just take it away!
klryan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am disappointed by Verizon Fios dropping the Weather Channel. I agree that it has a lot of non-weather shows which is annoying. However, the level of weather reporting in unequaled. I really like the AM Weather show, as well. AccuWeather just is not the same caliber. I think that Verizon should enter into negotiations with the Weather Channel about their line-up and negotiate a better service for its customers - not just drop it altogether. If Verizon starts pushing their customers to watch their TV shoes on the internet - there will be no reason to have Verizon Fios. It is already expensive, cutting popular channels is no way to retain customers

DiverLarry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to express my extreme displeasure with the decision to eliminate The Weather Channel from the FiOS television line-up. The substitution of AccuWeather is unsatisfactory. AccuWeather does not have key elements offered by The Weather Channel; specifically, the lack of detailed local forecasts (e.g., “Local on the 8’s”), on-site field reporting to get a more detailed, up-close experience of weather impacting particular cities, and local severe weather alerts and continuous weather reporting as provided on WeatherScan (Channel 49). The AccuBug Widget is inferior in all regards, requiring multiple key entries to reach desired information. Additionally, AccuWeather has lesser quality on camera personnel and the graphics presented do not employ state-of-the-art technology making for a very amateurish broadcast.

Given the cost to subscribe to Verizon FiOS, The Weather Channel should be included in its channel selection. The Weather Channel provides vital public safety information pertaining to weather conditions that are not available via other sources, especially with the same professionalism and caliber of broadcasting. Without The Weather Channel being offered by FiOS, Verizon is doing a significant disservice impacting the safety and well-being of its customers.

Not Happy with AccuWeather
msher211
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish Verizon FIOS will reconsider their poor choice in providing weather information to their customers.   The new format on channel 119 is of poor quality and not very informative to my current location as in the past.   The 'widget' solution on channel 49 is embarassing compared to what they had before.   It is not easy nor convenient which is what most customers have come to expect.   The Weather Channel provided more than just convenience in their weather updates.   They also had top quality shows and personalities that are surely missed.   I hope Verizon makes some postive changes in the near future as that will help me decide upon renewal of their services.

Re: Not Happy with AccuWeather
janejohn2
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are NOT happy with Verizon let alone the absence of AccuWeather!  The Weather Channel is one of the most importanat reasons to have your service.  On top of that you just sent out an advisory that we are also losing 3 college sports channels.  Perhaps you don't get the idea that subscribers are looking for more access, not less.  

cruisemaur
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to strongly voice my disappointment re: Verizon's decision to drop the Weather Channel. We watched it every day in our house.The content, the documentaries, the on-air personalities were all appreciated.

It was one of the only things that my mom, who suffers with Alzheimer's, could follow. She cannot watch or enjoy most TV programs any longer. It's all too confusing for her. The Weather Channel, with its "local on the 8's" was something that she could relate to. She could be momentarily engaged in what today's weather would be.

Verizon knows that Accu-weather is a poor substitution at best. They cannot be happy with this product, nor content with the knowledge they are displeasing so many customers.  I realize everything in business is about money and negotiations. Let's see some serious negotiations ASAP for a quick resolution to this mess.

joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Sad part is that there are over 1200 comments on this thread and NOT one responce from FIOS.

Why are they ignoring their customers.  Do they think this issue will go away?