Re: The Weather Channel
tojudyjudy
Enthusiast - Level 1
I want The Weather Channel back! I hate the Weather Bug app. It is horrible. I am mad because I paid to have The Weather Channel. Instead there's just a lot of crap.
Re: does any one know when the weather channel will come back
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's awfully quiet in our house without TWC and WeatherScan.

Verizon, there is NO substitute for these channels and NO excuse for ignoring your customers. Get back to work and restart negotiations!

My husband and I have agreed that if these channels aren't restored soon, Verizon is FIRED!

Alicce
I am disgusted and angry that Verizon dropped the weather channel. I keep the weather channel on all day. It provides weather, news and educational shows. I would give up all the hundreds of channels if I had to, in order to get the weather channel. Why can a person choose to get all the sports channels but can't even have a chance to have the weather channel! . If weather channel is not returned I will be forced to drop Verizon and return to Comcast..
0 Likes
Umbrella2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday as the National Weather Service indicated that there were tornadoes on the GROUND, AccuWeather coverage was null except to say there was severe weather predicted. After the severe weather has passed, AccuWeather made mention of the event. If I wanted to see what the weather was in the Northeast, terrific. Weather Nation online was spot on. I surfed to KTUL and KJRH (Tulsa, OK TV stations) and saw The Weather Channel doing the awesome job as always. Minutes matter during severe weather. I have put Accuweather in the "Not to Watch" column.

Glad Verizon has their shareholder dividends as their priority...!!!

Re: Weather channel
jimsie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want the Weather Channel Back. Didn't forget.

0 Likes
Re: Weather channel
jimsie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes that is what I did.

@jimsie wrote:

Me to, and I told them. Call coustomer service and tell them.

@jimsie wrote:

Me to, and I told them. Call coustomer service and tell them.

OceansideJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2
I hope the people that are responseable for the loss of The Best Weather Channel Broadcast are reading this blog but I doubt it. My contract is up I WILL NOT RENEW IT!!!!! OPTIMUM WILL GLADLY TAKE MY $ 350.00 monthly TV, PHONE AND INTERNET DOLLARS. THEY WILL ALSO BUY OUT YOUR CONTRACT WITH VERIZON!!
OceansideJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2
I agree just hoping the message gets to the people that are responsible!
0 Likes
Aquaboy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with everyone else, Fios dropping The Weather Channel is pathetic and cheap.  I have purposefully not re upped my contract with Verizon so that I don't get caught with service that I am not happy with for two years.  

AS SOON AS I FIND AN ALTERNATE PROVIDER I WILL BE CHANGING MY SERVICE.  I WILL ALSO MAKE SURE AND LET EVERYONE THAT I INTERACT WITH KNOW THAT VERIZON SERVICE CONTINUES TO DECLINE!

cbrowndc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Forum users,

Some assistance please.

I am ready to switch from Verizon to another provider because of their cancellation of The Weather Channel.  Working outdoors and having family throughout the country, I rely on the comprehensive nature of The Weather Channel's coverage. 

AccuWeather is a pathetic excuse for a weather information source.  Their weather readers do just that, read a teleprompter that has a shallow description of the radar picture.  No information on developing severe weather and no information on current weather events.

So here is my question...

Who do you all recommend for TV services?  I need The Weather Channel and would like a comprehensive news package.  I would appreciate any advice.