Re: bring the weather channel back
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

WELL I just got a letter from FIOS saying the WEATHER CHANNEL IS DELETED FROM FIOS.

So to me the fight is over.  Why would FIOS spend money to mail letters if they were going to try to get the channel back?

Sigh.

Millions of letters at $ .48

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe they mailed letters to those people who don't have email addresses.  My mother also got a letter this week (she has no internet access), but I received an email March 10.  We need to continue letting them know we want TWC and all its services back.  I call them weekly and I believe they are beginning to listen.  If we become complacent, it will not return.  TWC is an essential service for me and my family and if it isn't returned in a reasonable amount of time, our family and my mother will be returning to Comcast.  Please Verizon, we have tried Accuweather and it in no way is a replacement for TWC.  Please return TWC and all its services to your FIOS TV lineup.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
bingo126

The Accu Weather channel does not provide real time information for my area. The Weather channel always provided Local on the 8 information for my city. Even the Weather Bug on channel 49 shows a city not even in my state for area code 10312 in Staten Island, New York. Why did Verizon not provide a means for it's subscribers to request that the Weather Channel renew it's contract. With the weather patterns we have been experiencing this year, local accurate information is extreemly necessary.

0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Their Newest Dribble http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/content.htm These people actually believe the stuff they are shoveling. Hey Verizon, we are not stupid, and I sure as heck don't believe a word of this stuff. You want to make us feel special and VALUED as you say. Then start listening. WE WANT TWC BACK. All the other providers accepted the new contract VERIZON was the only company to back out. Like the one spoiled child, are you sitting in a corner now holding your breath. Come on wake up and fire the people responsible for this before they do it again. Your reputation depends on it.

0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

@joker211 wrote:

WELL I just got a letter from FIOS saying the WEATHER CHANNEL IS DELETED FROM FIOS.

So to me the fight is over.  Why would FIOS spend money to mail letters if they were going to try to get the channel back?

Sigh.

Millions of letters at $ .48

Joker

The fight is never over. This is why we are the laughing stock of the world, things get tough and we walk the other way.

0 Likes
sirkan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Gonna need The Weather Channel back. Gawker posted a page on the coverage of the tornadoes in Oklahoma this week. Their local TV and The Weather Channel were right on top of it. Accuweather? Unless you were one of their business clients you didn't get the warning. Even the NWS missed it. If that happened in DC we'd be in big trouble. Please bring back The Weather Channel! http://thevane.gawker.com/accuweather-slams-the-nws-for-missing-a-tornado-accuwea-1694135023/+dennis...
0 Likes
jimfinan

I'm very unhappy TWC removed.

0 Likes
I want The Weather Channel back in my programming!!!!!
mrbrockrn1219

As with many other comments I want TWC returned to my channel lineup.  I switched over from Cox knowing that TWC was part of the package.  That's what I paid for and that's what I expect to receive on my service.  The new accuwether does not have any of TWC's wide variety of content or near the amount of storm coverage.  The Weatherscan was also removed from the lineup.  I frequently watched it for quick updates on the local radar.  The replacement "weatherbug widget" does not work.  I am very unhappy with this change and will switch back to Cox Cable if you dont go back to the channels I signed up for.

0 Likes
THE WEATHER CHANNEL
birder3
Enthusiast - Level 1

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL NOW.  IT IS ONE OF THE ONLY REASONS WHY I HAVE TV AT ALL.  YOUR CUSTOMERS HAVE SPOKEN! DO THE RIGHT THING AND BRING IT BACK!!

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Zowar1363
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also want the Weather Channel returned to the line up! The Accuweather and the WeatherBug are inferior replacements! The Local Weather Scan (channel 49) was a major asset and frequently used channel that provided accurate, LOCAL forecasts for my area, and allowed me to prepare for the day and week with reliable information. Aside from the forecasts, the Weather Channel offered informative and very interseting programs about the climate and environment that educated the viewer, as well as, entertained!

May I suggest that Verizon remove all the Spanish language and Chinese language channels from the general U.S. FiOS TV Plans and offer them exclusively through the foreign language packages! I speak various languages, but I pay for English broadcasts and find it ridiculous to have Verizon recently increase the number of foreign language channels to the general packages! Why should English speaking viewers have to pay for channels they will never use? Then you can resolve your issues with the Weather Channel and return it to the line up!