Re: The Weather Channel
swdude123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can't believe that ANYONE would think that Accuweather is anything close to a replacement for The Weather Channel.  We had it on the other day and it sounded like a teenage girl reading the weather update from a garage. I couldn't believe it...  We're talking about replacing consummate professionals like Jim Cantore, Sam Champion, etc. with Marsha Brady. 

We pay a huge fee for TV, Phone, Internet and Wireless services with Verizon and expect much better quality than this.  I don't know what they're thinking in the Verizon management team, but this one was definitely a customer experience FLOP.  Get the message and bring back The Weather Channel as soon as possible.  You can take Accuweather and do whatever you want with it.  No one is watching it anyway...

rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

The weather channel is one of the top watched cable channels in the country, and there are many people who like to watch when big storms threaten and the hurricane season and sever weather season, and winter snowstorms are here. Where I am they supply the regular weather channel plus weather scan which is just the local forcasts for my region. This is available when you need it or want it. Waiting for a local tv channel you have to wait for the news. Some people depend on the local weather at that moment for thier Livelyhood, and recreation so its good to have accurate current info when you need it not just at 7 in the morning and 5 and 11 at night

'

CAll Fios and tell them your mad as HECK and our not gonna take it anymore, Bring back the weather channel or your leaving! Dump FIOS NOW!

0 Likes
Macholiday
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'll be calling on Friday to cancel my service, even with an ETF. I've waited long enough for some type of movement from Verizon on the Weather Channel. New service starts Saturday. Told customer service I would cancel if TWC wasn't going to be a part of regular channel lineup, I don't make idle threats.
local weather on channel 49 and 119
aaabbbme

i WANT TO COMPLAIN THAT CHANNEL 49 IS GONE. THE WIDGET IS NOT NEARLY AS GOOD. 

THIS IS DISTRESSING ENOUGH  TO DRVIE ME TO ANOTHER PROVIDER. ITHE WIDGET IS NOT COMPREHENSIVE LOCALLY AND HAS . TOO CUMBERSOME STEPS  CHANNRL 49 WAS BY FAR MY MOST USED CHANNEL..

THE DELETION OF THE LOCAL CHANNEL 49 IS MOST UPSETTING, THE LOSS OF THE NATIONAL WEATHER PROVIDER ON cHANNEL 119 HAS ALSO BEEN A BAD MOVE. FURTHERMORE THE LATTER IS EXTREMELY HARD TO READ:   FAINT COLOR AND FONT. BAD VISUAL DESIGN.   NO GOOD PEOPLE REPORTING ON SCENE.

0 Likes
toolebox
Enthusiast - Level 2

AT LONG LAST I'M FINALLY UNDERSTANDING WHAT'S GOING ON. NOT ONLY IS THERE THE FINANCIAL MATTER OF THE WEATHER CHANNEL CONTRACT, BUT THE WEATHER CHANNEL ALSO EDUCATES AND  INFORMS US OF THE DANGERS OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND GLOBAL WARMING, WORDS THAT FL GOV. RICK SCOTT DOES NOT WANT USED WHATSOEVER.  GOV. SCOTT HAS ORDERED DEP EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND VOLUNTEERS NOT TO USE THOSE TERMS, 'GLOBAL WARMING' OR 'CLIMATE CHANGE' IS ANY OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS ACCORDING TO 'THE FLORIDA CENTER FOR INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING.'   SO TWC ISN'T JUST GONE FOR FINANCIAL REASONS, BUT POLITICAL ONES AS WELL. THE MORE WE LOOK AT TWC DISAPPEARING THE DIRTIER IT GETS. WE ARE NOT THAT FAR AWAY FROM HURRICANE SEASON EITHER. WHO WANTS TO DO THAT WITH accuweather??? LIVES COULD BE AT STAKE IF WE GET A HURRICANE WITHOUT TWC. I'M FURIOUS AND WON'T BE RENEWING MY CONTRACT WITH VERIZON. TWC IS STILL ON BRIGHTHOUSE.

0 Likes
Vbob1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Although Accuweather has been around for a while, apparently the Accuweather TV channel is new.  I cannot imagine that Verizon would sign a long term contract on an unproven product. Surely they wouldn't have signed up for this completely unacceptable garbage for more than a couple months, right?  I'll stick around until May1st. Then it's bye bye to all Verizon services (tv, internet, phones) if there in no sign of TWC coming back.  Researched all local services prior to signing up for FIOS in November. Although we undersstood channel line up changes could occur, no one in their right mind could imagine that TWC would be gone.  Criminal!!        

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Latest figures I can see for TWC is that they get close to 300K average viewers.

And that was for the month of Feb and was their highest in 4 years.

Mainly related to all of the snow storms.

That is out of nearly 100M possible viewers ( I have read that they have the highest possible viewers of all cable channels)

TWC didn't make the top 30 for the week of 3/15 (last one with NCAA Basketball).

And for 2014, didn't make the top 50: http://p1cdn01.thewrap.com/images/2014/12/AD-SUPPORTED-YTD-1.jpg

Am I saying that Accuweather is equal. No.

But TWC is no where near the top of the ratings chart that people keep thinking.

0 Likes
Nos1
Enthusiast - Level 2
We want the Weather Channel restored! It's already been a few weeks, and every day we miss it immensely! This is unacceptable. If Verizon continues to ignore its customers, we will have to choose an alternative cable provider.
0 Likes
Sduval

I want  The Weather Channel back!!  I pay over $200 a month for your services, The Weather Channel for me is extremely important.  I would like a call or email about when it will be back.  My understanding from the support center is the contract was not renewed.  Well...guess what.....neither will mine.

0 Likes
RabbitWolf

I like the reality TV shows. I watch Why Planes Crash, Strangest Weather On Earth, and Prospectors. I want The Weather Channel back.

0 Likes