Re: The Weather Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jerry1234 wrote:

Of course TWC didn't make the top 30 for the week of 3/15 - not only was NCAA Basketball on, but if you recall correctly, FIOS dropped it on 3/10.  So with millions of viewers unable to watch it, it's no wonder!

It was week ending 3/15 so NCAA was not included.
And if memroy serves, Nielsen ratings are based on people watching at least 6 minutes of a show/channel.
Thought is that if you watched for at least 6 minutes, you have also watched a commercial.
0 Likes
JDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CRobGauth wrote:

@jerry1234 wrote:

Of course TWC didn't make the top 30 for the week of 3/15 - not only was NCAA Basketball on, but if you recall correctly, FIOS dropped it on 3/10.  So with millions of viewers unable to watch it, it's no wonder!

It was week ending 3/15 so NCAA was not included.
And if memroy serves, Nielsen ratings are based on people watching at least 6 minutes of a show/channel.
Thought is that if you watched for at least 6 minutes, you have also watched a commercial.

Your memory is faulty.  And even if it were six minutes, that's immaterial.  The MOST we watch in the mornings is 10 minutes (1.67 of your six minute test).  But when we're watching other channels, we're watching anywhere from 30 (5x) six minutes to two hours (20x of your sixx minutes) of the channel.

And YOU'RE the one who brought up NCAA - not me.

0 Likes
Bring the Weather Channel Back
Jodaroo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would Verizon drop the weather channel? One reason I had the lineup I did was for the weather channel.  There was no heads up about it and no chance to give comments on it. Now, I have to take time to try and convince Verizon to bring it back?  Well, at least there are other cable providers that provide it, which leaves options other than staying with Verizon.

Re: Bring the Weather Channel Back
jrbell64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Ultimate package I don't understand why they would drop such an important channel. Sports channels and weather are a majority of the reasons of why I have Fios. I feel like they have broken their agreement with me. 

I want the Weather Channel back and The Blaze TV added.
Theblaze2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back the weather channel.  More importantly, please add "The Blaze TV" to the FIOS lineup. 

Re: Bring the Weather Channel Back
rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had an apppointment to switch to cablevisions optimum service today  but they were so backed up and busy from connecting fios former customers that they were running  a few hours late so I had to cancel and rescedule. Theyve been running non stop from morning to night jhooking up former fios customers who have dropped fios in the last 2 weeks> Hopefully fios will get the message and do the right thing. Ill be here until next week when I can get them back to bring me optimum. All i saw was optimums new service trucks running all over town. Wake up fios! you spend all this money to AQUIRE customers and then u screw up over this **bleep**.Someones head will be on the chopping block for this stupidity!!

0 Likes
Tiegh
Enthusiast - Level 1

To the Schedulers and Management:

It should be obvious from the scores of comments flooding in to you, that the Weather Channel has a devoted base of viewers who appreciate the personnel who created, an continue to deliver, a dynamic and reliablde weather service - more so than with any other.

We're the ones who are voicing our opinions and requests, but be assured there are many more who agree with us.

Years ago, our household signed up with Fios Verizon precisely because we didn't like being taken for granted and taken advantage of by a rival carrier.  You made a mistake in thinking that a misguided business decision was more important than customer satisfaction.  You should acknowledge that and correct it by returning the Weather Channel to your lineup. 

Such action might help restore some of the goodwill you have lost.

{edited for privacy}

Weather Channel
JimmyD123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accu Weather is a joke, quess I will be going to Comcast.  Why is it that signing a contract with Verizon only protects Verizon.  They can change the contract at will by droppin channels.  Verizon you should be ashamed of yourself.

Re: Weather Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will probably find that Comcast has the same terms in their contract.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel
jeffbpdguns
Enthusiast - Level 2

Accuweather only gives today's and Tomorrow's forecast and only for 1/6 of the country at a time, every half hour you get 30 seconds of local weather, don't blink you will miss it.

I wonder how they will cover tornado warnings, I saw something this morning when the showed a map of TX, LA, OK, MO, NM a 6 state area and showed and said there was severe weather but it was hard to tell if it was Dallas or Houston,  On a map they are real close to each other but if I lived there I wouldn't be happy as I would wonder were it is exactly.

Verizon says it is because EVERYONE gets their weather from the internet, well I know at least 10 of my 20 close friends who do NOT, a few don't even own computers or smart phones.  ALSO you could say the same about every channel, they all have internet presence!