Re: The Weather Channel
Skipper11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Obviously I'm not the only one angry at FIOS for thinking Accuweather is even close to The Weather Channel when it comes to delivering not only in-depth wx coverage but also great other programming - whether the Coast Guard series, Highway from Hell and others. In terms of expertise I haven't seen anything on Accuweather which approaches the level of professionalism of the various personnel from The Weather Channel, such as Dr. Greg Postel, MikeSeidel, Kait Parker, Mike Bettus, and of course, the incredible Jim Cantore!!! Comparing the two stations is like trying to compare a kindergarden class (Accuweather) to a Graduate School lecture, The Weather Channel. Aside from threatening to leave FIOS for another provider, does anyone have any suggestions for reaching out to Corporate to explain to them the error of their ways?

Re: NO LOCAL WEATHER on WEATHER CHANNEL HD
beatlesfan1

About a month ago the Weather Channel (WC) was replaced by AccueWeather Channel. Also, the Local on the Eights (LOE) Channel was entirely deleted. I live in the Dallas area and we are just now entering severe weather season. I have been a big fan of both WC and LOE for many years and really depend on them for up to the minute severe weather information.

In my phone call to Verizon Customer Service I was told that Verizon and WC couldn't come to terms on a new contract and were still negotiating. I hope they come to an agreement very soon for my family's safety sake and also because of the big $$$ I pay Verizon each month.

0 Likes
budd77

stop playing with our beloved weather channel. what are you fighting with crumcast cause they own it.. I'm tired of cable companies holding us hostage while jacking up our rates..  I guess I will be going back to comcast afterall. Next will be wireless... I thought you guys were better than the rest .. guess you suck too

0 Likes
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Bring it back already... Drop other channels.
0 Likes
dmwest

Accuweather does not provide any "Local" weather radar, which is very useful, but if I ever want to know what the weather is

doing in New York City or New Jersey, Accuweather is always there.

The customers should have a vote on this.

0 Likes
MAP77

I want Weather Channel back on the lineup!

I HATE ACCUWEATHER!

0 Likes
Avmal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading so many messages all saying the same , each missing TWC. It would be really something if most of us switched cable provides. Accuweather really is awful when you're accustomed to TWC. If The hierarchy at Verizon are not careful and viewership slips, they can be certain there positions are going to be in jeopardy.Bring back The Weather Channel.

0 Likes
cbrowndc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will definately echo the general feelings towards AccuWeather.  When severe storms hit the area near my family's homes, I could not find any information on the tornado tracks on it.  They did not have any damage, but getting through to them was not an option.  There is no focus on current severe weather events.  I NEED The Weather Channel.

Just out of curiosity, I went to AccuWeather's website and read the bios of their on-air staff.  OMG, you could get more weather experience just taking a sampling of people walking down the street.  They are a bunch of "weather readers." 

Bring back The Weather Channel.

0 Likes
rvalenzuela
Enthusiast - Level 1

I renewed my contract last December 29th to Preferred HD with a Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack which included Nat Geo Wild. I downgraded from Extreme HD to Preferred as Nat Geo Wild was still included in this lineup and knew that a number of other channels were no longer available to us which was fine. Then, The Weather Channel is dropped together with Weatherscan. An email announced hours before dropping TWC on 03/10/2015.

Then our favorite Nat Geo Wild was deleted from our lineup on 03/12/2015 without warning! I called Verizon and first we were told that we did delete NatGeo ourselves with the remote hand unit. Not true! We can upgrade but never downgrade with a remote hand unit! Then, we tried with the hand unit to get NatGeo Wild back and got a screen that said that it is $2.00 per month more. Not trusting Verizon, we verified by contacting customer service and they said it was $20.00 per month more! How misleading that was! Besides that customer service tried to defend Verizon's policy and practices and to blow away any customer that tries to come with a claim. Quickly the $2.00 screen was replaced by a $20.00 screen thereafter.

Cox Comunications, which carries The Weather Channel, is the only other carrier in our neighborhood and we are seriously considering to switch back to Cox as we were with Cox before FIOS arrived, this, if it weren't for the very recent 2-year contract renewal which carries a tapering-off penalty to disconnect Verizon service. Very disappointed!

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
weathernut
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are also extremelly disappointed with Verizon for canceling the Weather Channel.  If there is no sign it is coming back, we will be cancelling our service and start back with Direct TV.  Direct TV had dropped them, but has now brought them back for those of you interested.

0 Likes