Re: The Weather Channel
weathernut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  We loved the Weather Channel.   We checked and Direct TV has brought The Weather Channel back after not having it for three months.  We will be switching to them.  Our contract is already up.

0 Likes
Schnauzer3

Verizon eliminated the Weather Channel for their own bottom line without any regard for their customers.   I stopped by a Verizon office (they closed down their equipment offices) and neither of the representatives knew much about FIOS and nothing about the switch because neither of them use Verizon.  IF Verizon had really done a comparison between AccuWeather and The Weather Channel they would have seen that The Weather Channel beats AccuWeather HANDS down!  Nearly every single time we turn to AccuWeather (we live in Texas) the weather forecast is on the Northeast... with boring Meteorologists who come in/out of camera range like that's going to hold our attention more.   I guess they think the whole country lives in the NY, PA area!   Oh... and the so-called Weather Widget that gives us up to date weather provides a snipit of the radar without any movement.  Plus - Verizon raised their rates and the same plan that we had for the past 2 years is now $20 a month more.   We are looking at alternatives - satellite or cable -- just wish that AT&T had lines down in our area!    Bad, bad decision Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel - One More Point!
Schnauzer3

Why is Verizon not responding to any of these complaints!    Are they waiting until the "unhappy" lists grows to the thousands, rather than the hundreds, because otherwise they already figured us all as collateral damage and it doesn't hurt their bottom line?

0 Likes
nickersnpurrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

i use to have Direct TV. Direct TV pulled this stunt in cancelling the Weather Channel so i called Verizon and asked if they had the Weather Channel. they said yes....i asked if THEY too were going to cancel it....the person i talked to said "NO, that it would be in the package i just picked and would always be carried by Verizon"! so...i paid my early cop-out fee to Direct TV and signed a 2 year contract with Verixon Fios. BIG MISTAKE! it hasn't even been 2 yrs and Verizon drops my Weather Channel without notice or asking me if i wanted to keep it....after all, i signed a contract for a package that INCLUDED the Weather Channel. no one asked me or told me they were dropping it....am i a customer? do i pay a fee for a package that i signed up for? didn't i sign a contract for 2 years? do i have ANY rights for the money i pay to this COCKY business?? will i be charged a fee if i cop-out of my contract early? even tho I DIDN'T BREAK THE CONTRACT? even tho Verizon BROKE THE CONTRACT THEY HAVE WITH ME???????? i am paying for for a package i signed up for but i'm not totally receiving, so do I get money taken off my monthly bill for the station i am not receiving any more? we all know the answer to these questions!

well....i did it before with Direct TV and i'll do it again, fee or no fee! i depend on the Weather Channel and you, Verizon, have taken away a vitial and necessary public service. YOU broke the contract, not me! YOU can take your worthless TV channels and stick them where the sun don't shine. if its not back on my TV by the end of April....BYE BYE!

and.....i have friends and family in Tornado Alley...they have Fios too....therefore no Weather Channel. IF THEY GET HURT OR KILLED BY A TORNADO THAT THEY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF WARNING DUE TO YOUR STUPID UNCARING DECISION TO DROP A VITIAL PUBLIC SERVICE>>>THE WEATHER CHANNEL>>>

meandhim92510
I also hate Accuweather. It's the worst! I live in Long Beach, Ca. and I only get weather for the East Coast. How is that helpful for me?
I loved the weather channel and watched it every single day. Fit the weather and the TV shows they provide. I've been watching this channel daily for over 6 years! I want TWC back, or at least an option to pay for it. I used to love Verizon and now that they took this away without warning, I'm about ready to cancel and go back to direct TV.

Give the people what they want! AccuWeather is the WORST!!!!
I miss my local on the 8's. I miss Jim Cantore, Waking up with Al and even the fat guy in the woods (even though it's the wackiest show on that channel) .
0 Likes
eastport3201

I also want the Weather Channel back.....  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
JoeCoolOBX1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I've waited long enough since my last posting with no response from Verizon....plus after reading all of these upset folks about losing the Weather Channel I've finally decided to do something about it.  I just placed my order with Comcast for a comparable package with a little more speed 105 mbps vs. 75 mbps, I will be cancelling my service once they can give me a firm date to do the install..... it appears that they've been a little busy lately, I wonder why?  As a Verizon shareholder this was very hard decision to make especially since I had FIOS for over 6+ years now and I was happy with their service until now.  Once all of my families phone contracts are up, I will be moving to another provider.

Verizon management you are probably going to get an earful in the next Shareholder's meeting! 

jpj1009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had Comcast installed Monday. It is good to have the Weather Channel and Weatherscan back. It is just in time for the severe weather this week. I also have the local forcast on the HD Weather Channel, which I never had with FIOS. 

Re: Accuweather Improvements
roger210
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only improvement they need to make is bring back the weather channel...they're the best at what they do.  Accuweather sucks.  FIOS gets a little more time to realize theyve made a horrible mistake and then Im paying the cancellation fees and changing providers.

Weatherbeaten
Enthusiast - Level 1
Beautifully put!! I absolutely concur with your assessment. Sadly I will probably be one of the customers who will jump ship!
0 Likes