Re: The Weather Channel
MLWK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so annoyed by the loss of The Weather Channel.  Today my area is expecting severe weather and when I go to check how far away the storms are I don't want to see little pictures of suns and clouds and the expected temperature or the weather for a city hundreds or thousands of miles away.  If you don't bring back TWC or a reasonable local and national weather channel I will have to leave your service.  I pay far too much for sub par programming like Accuweather.  And this is actually a matter of public safety at times.  Get it together Verizon.

rscott2103

We are very disappointed with the poor decision in Verizon removing The Weather Channel from our program package.  Accuweather is worthless and the weather bug widget almost always fails to display a radar screen.  Tech support tells me to reset my FIOS supplied router to fix the problem even though everything else works fine.  I'm not going to reset the router everytime I want to check the weather radar.  I only have a couple months left on our contract so we may be switching providers soon.  

0 Likes
charlesbwatson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everyone is struggling with cost but that was not the reason given for Verizon dropping the  Weather Channel.  A very positive part of Fios content was the Weather Channel, it was decent desirable progamming.  If cuts needed to made take out something worthless to viewers,not the Weather Channel!  Offer the Weather at cost if things at Verizon are really so bad, let the consumer decide weather the charge is worth it, or at least advise the paying public what the cost would be.  Verizon is not cheap !

0 Likes
SandraDee1961
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so sick and tired of Accuweather.  I want The weather Channel back!!  What does it take for Verizon to listen to its customers?  I guess I WILL have to make due on my threat to switch back to Comcast.  As far as I can see yu aren't even in negotiations with TWC, you aren't even bothering to listen to your customers, and you aren't giving us a better option.  There IS no better option!  I didn't know about the devastating tornado in Illinois today because I didn't have TWC for info.  I had to see it on the news.  I don't like watching Accuweather because the stories are lame, the weather is boring, and I have to wait too long for the weather in my area to come around.  BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Disappointment in Verizon
db1960
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree - we had bad weather last night and in the past I would have turned on weatherscan to watch the radar as the storm approached.  Your widget does not have radar.   No local weather on accuweather.    Subpar service.  I'm going to be switching to Comcast soon if you don't get it back.

0 Likes
bap2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does Verizon plan to bring back the weather channel?  We rely on the information, excellent weather explanations and preparation lessons contained in their programming.  The substitute accuweather is not acceptable.  Customers should at least be permitted an option to purchase the weather channel separately.  

rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

The thing is when you call about it he CSR's or retemtion department can  give you no answers like Theyre negotiating" And say "we arent told anything" sounds kinda shady, like theyre not bringing it back. A great loss, and the weather chanel offered fios the same rate to renew nd fios didnt????? I wanna dump them so bad even though fios;s tv pic is betterand thier internet is faster.Cut thier Customer service sucks, they just dont care.Im thinking to leave soon, just get internet from my local cable provider and upgrade my mobile plan, drop the home ohone and tv.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
JimWilkson

I agree.  My contract will be up in a couple of months and I plan to look for a new company that offers the Weather Channel.

0 Likes
Ekaj525

My wife and I have only watched about 5 mins of the accuweather and it sucks. I really want the weather channel back. I live in NYS but so far I have only seen weather for NYC. NYS is not only NYC . Please bring back the weather channel. We are not happy customers at the moment.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel back
djmel
Enthusiast - Level 2
dj mel most of us want the weather channel back so maybe should listen
0 Likes