Re: The Weather Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bap wrote:

Customers should at least be permitted an option to purchase the weather channel separately.  

Can't say if Verizon will ever bring it back.

But I am pretty sure they will not be able to offer it a la carte as that would require a contract with TWC as well as costs to provide connectivity for the content.

0 Likes
DrWhoever

I absolutely agree. PLEASE restore TWC!!!!

0 Likes
Sever Weather warnings
jerrymac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are no longer any weather warnings on channels 119 or 0049 here in Dallas. Why has this service been removed? It is important to have these warnings as it is the only method we have of obtaining them. The cable campanies need to own up to their public service in the local areas they provide service. So far, this is no longer the case with Verizon.

PyroMR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The replacements for the WeatherScan on Channel 49 and The Weather Channel are not even close substitues. They are sloppy and do not provide the detail that we had prior to the contract expiration. Verizon has down graded my service with no input. Several years ago I left Comcast when they made an arbitrary change to my service with no notice. I will do the same with Verizon. My wife checked that WeatherScan all the time. Her disgust with the new 'widget' is voiced to me every time she tries to look at it. The Accuweather channel is not even close to the The Weather Channel. There were also programs she watched on TWC that we lost. Verizon does not care about its customers and until the subscriber count is hit negatively, they will not react.

duker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good riddance to the TWC I say. Once upon a time TWC was a channel you could rely on to get weather at any time. Now it's a 50/50 chance if you actually see anything about weather. Local TV channels have also stepped up their weather capabilities and there are even better alternatives on the internet. I don't need to Jim C. whooping around like any idiot because he heard thunder snow. And the naming of snow storms, please. TWC is now just another self swerving sensational based bit of reality TV. I don't want to pay to support more reality shows.

silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2
I agree with duker 100%.
0 Likes
THE WEATHER CHANNEL - PUT IT BACK ON!
JerseyGirl1522
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel has saved lives and gives up to the minute weather all over the country. I have family that live across the south where most of the tornados hit. I need to know what is going on and NO ONE does it better or comes close to what The Weather Channel has to offer. This new channel is horrible. You have either a Barbie or Ken giving boring lightweight forecasts that look like they are all prerecorded from the day before. I can't even turn in on. HORRIBLE PROGRAMMING! I have been in a tornado and was warned that I had seconds to get to cover.

During Hurricane Sandy The Weather Channel was our hero. They gave us so much information.

PLEASE RECONSIDER.

0 Likes
Lousy Weather Channel
bdguide
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried to keep an open mind over this new Weather Channel. Watched it many a time now and it is really really really BAD. They jump all over the place, and I really do not get my weather. So when do we get credit for being taken advantage of. Verizon.com broke their contract with all subscribers this is a FACT . Please  recify this.. I will not renew with this kind of nonsence

dot41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really miss The Weather Channel. I did not just watch the weather, although the weather was way better than this Accu Weather that is only annoying. Please bring back the channel that was on my lineup when I signed on. How could you just go ahead and take it off without checking with your customers? I am strongly considering changing my tv and internet to a company that carries The Weather Channel.

0 Likes
MikeJayroe

I have had Verizon for quite a while now and one of the first things I didwhen I woke up each day was to turn to the weather channel to see what the local weather would be. It was also the last thing I watched at night.
I also enjoyed the show Highway thru Hell.
Now I, along with others, we are stuck with the Fox Accu weather channels.
To me this is like comparing a Maseratti (weather Channel) with a Yugo (Fox's weather).
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the original weather channel.
If you don't I will seroiusly considering going back to Comcast, even though they have the worse customer service in the marketplace.

0 Likes