Tornado Watches and ACCU Weather
WhyNoWC
Enthusiast - Level 1
I do not agree with Verizon's Statement. I have access to many different weather apps, but prefer watching The Weather Channel especially during severe weather forcasts. The Weather Channel provides regional updates and analysis for those in the path of severe weather. Potential severe weather moving into our region tonight, I am watching Accu Weather forcasts for California, Atlanta, etc. Not at all the same. Verizon, PLEASE stop the games and bring back The Weather Channel now.
Re: The Weather Channel
W4JJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on Verizon.  Pull yourself together!  Can't you see the complaints rolling in?  Put the Weather Channel back on the net!  I have no contract with you and am actively looking for another provider as you decide.  Good luck...or maybe not!

BillW3
Contributor - Level 1

I actually miss Weather Scan Local.  It would have been nice to tune to channel 49 to see the storms last night during the tornado watch here in metro Philly.  I went over to my girlfriend's house and she has Xfinity, guess what was on channel 101? Tha NWS warnings and radar.  

Felt Blind Last night
blt4ice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night in the New Castle County, Delaware area we had a severe thunderstorm, flash flood, and tornado Watch until Midnight.  I did not know some of this (T-Storms/Tornado Watch) till I heard the distant thunder.  I look at accuweather and nothing no scrolling bar saying storms are coming or that there is a tornado watch, but I could see the weather in Los Angelos and Pittsburg(useless).  Checked Weatherbug widget and nothing.  Then I go downstairs to find the iPad to look at weatherchannels app, and I can now see storms coming and tornado watch.  I used to be able to turn to Channel 49 and see the red alert bar with the up to the minute NWS alerts and storm paths with times they will be at certain towns.  Your moving to accuweather seems to just be a cheap move, or a childish move, and you never gave a valid reason as to why you made the decision to remove them, just some generic statement that said what you did but not why you did it, at least not a logical reason.  Seriously thinking, $110.00 penalty for me to leave early, Comcast offers a gift card to come on board that would negate that charge, and I pay you over $3,000 a year for service, and have been with you for nearl 10 years, I don't jump around, so do you want to lose another $30,000 in business over the next several years?

bull1fire

You need to bring back the Weather Channel. We hate the Accu Weather channel.

0 Likes
jonesmagicfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have some potential good news.  I was on the phone with FIOS Customer Service and she told me that Verizon is currently in negotiations with The Weather Channel.  They are trying to come to a resolution to get TWC back in the lineup. Obviously, calling and telling Verizon our opinion does matter to some extent. Whether things work out or not, time will tell. I think Verizon realizes they may lose a substantial number of customers over this debacle.  Hopefully TWC will be back soon!

mab1941
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lat night, during a severe thunder storm, I could not find a weather scan on fios.  Accui mweather is just no good.

0 Likes
sonya80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wanted to register my complaint about dropping The Weather Channel. While Verizon might think everyone accesses it on their phones, they are incorrect. Every member of our family, young and old, immediately goes to The Weather Channel on our TV whenever an impending weather event is predicted. We recently had an intense thunderstorm system move thru the DC area, and we all turned to the TV for more information and couldn't figure out where to get info. Yes, I know AccuWeather is there, but it's terrible. Less professional and people moving on and off the screen - it PALES in comparision to The Weather Channel. This is a decision that seriously makes us want to rethink our television watching service.

0 Likes
prh1969
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am completely dissatisfied with Accuweather. It is useless for severe weather such as today. I may cancel or non renew Verizon. This is ridiculous 

Bring Back Weather Channel!

You have 146 pages of complaints on this forum do you Verizon even care?????????????????????????????

0 Likes
karasota4

Accu Weather stinks.  Would you please give us back the regualr weather channel??  We are upon the rainy season here in Florida and shortly after, we roll into the hurrican season.  Please consider returning the weathe channel to our lineup.

0 Likes