Re: Tornado Watches and ACCU Weather
squirt1231
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will switch providers  for cable, internet, and phone if TWC is not brought back

Re: The Weather Channel
Bushkin78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did it!  I cancelled Verizon Fios Today! 

I got the weather channel back.  Read it and Weep Verizon!!!

Last month I tried talking to Verizon about my package, pricing, channel lineup and a new plan.  It was all just double-talk.  I was getting wild new offers from Verizon in the mail.  As it turned out Verizon wanted to charge me more money for the channels that I have, OR give me 1/2 the channels for the same money. 

I found a better solution, I got Comcast with more channels than Verizon, more HD channels, and I got some old favorites back like Universal HD.

So far the only meaningful loss is losing OAN.

I got new updated equipment! 

If you want the Weather Channel and updated service, DUMP Verizon and come over to Comcast!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So on a whim, I searched out the Comcast Xfinity TV forum.

They have a thread going about how people are complaining that their Weather scan no longer shows their local weather but for a major city up to 50 miles away.

Here is Comcast reply:

We regularly examine our programs and channels in an effort to bring our customers the best overall entertainment choices and the content they want the most.  As a result, Comcast must sometimes remove channels that have lower viewership to make space for higher valued, more popular channels and to keep our channel line-ups consistent across markets.

We have also found that most of our customers access this information through their mobile devices and the internet.

Sound familiar?

0 Likes
FstFrnd
Enthusiast - Level 3
I agree with WhyNoWC. The other night I received a severe weather alert on my phone (tornado warning). Accuweather was showing the weather in a city 70 miles SE of us and unaffected by the storm. The weather apps were useless. Our local weather station gave information on the immediate area but I couldn't see the big picture as presented by The Weather Channel.

I told DH this is the hill I'm going to die on. We'll soon be moving and I will NOT sign up with Verizon UNLESS they bring back Weather Channel and Weather Scan.
0 Likes
sirkan
Enthusiast - Level 2
I admit I took The Weather Channel for granted as always there. When it was dropped I'm betting everyone thought no one would miss it. Guess again. So, I've resorted to business trips as my avenue to watch TWC because I have 17 months to go on my contract and I'm pretty much stuck with FiOS until I can drop them for Cox cable, the only other provider in my area. I gotta admit, TWC is a great resource and it was completely foolish to drop their network. Their coverage is top notch. When compared to Accuweather, there is no comparison.

WE WANT THE WEATHER CHANNEL BACK! We need it back!
Jaques1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh pleeeeease let this rumor is true. I am Weather Channel starved at this point.  I live alone, and having TWC on in the background while I work in the house has always been a tremendous comfort to me. I had no idea how much until Verizon snatched it away without warning. I hope they're feeling the backlash hard.

0 Likes
frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Enough already, bring this channel back. I pay for this.
0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too hope that Verizon has re-started talks with TWC. But, no matter what happens, the damage is already done. Verizon has taken a big hit in it's reputation. How do you expect to keep "Loyal And Valued Customer's" when you totally disregard them at every turn. 147 pages here alone, thousand on Facebook and Twitter and not (1) count them not one response from anyone at Verizon. Just goes to show how accurate the numbers Verizon used for this decision really are.

Avmal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off the phone with a very pleasant Verizon representative. Sadly there are No talks regarding Verizon bringing back TWC.  Kinda sad hearing that bit of news. They do say they have other features that Fios  offer that others don't. Anyone know what they are please let me know.  Makes me realize that we are just a number to them and not anything more.

0 Likes
jessmah1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate accuweather. I am in Dallas and we are having mzjor storms.  All they said was it's gonna be a bad day in Dallas.

Could they go into detail? where are the warnings, what are we in for? TWC would have!!!!! My contract is up and it is Adios 

Verizon!!!!!

0 Likes