Re: The Weather Channel Verizon Has Hit A New Low.
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Rocky18 wrote:

Hey Verizon this is America and the right to free speech is guaranteed by the Constitution. I'm a paying customer and I'm blocked from posting on The FIOS Facebook page.

FYI, the Constitution prevents the government from abridging our right to free speech.  Private individuals and organizations can control speech on their property as much as they want.  This is a common misconception about the 1st amendment.

For example, you can't stand in my front yard and make any speech you want, but you can stand in public park.  My yard is private property and I get to decide what happens in it.

Verizon's Facebook page and these forums are considered "private property" and Verizon get's to decide what speech is allowed here.  If you want to make comments that Verizon doesn't allow, do it on private property that allows such speech.  TWC's Facebook page is probably a friendly place for your comments.

If you want to send a message to Verizon that they will likley pay attention to, cancel your service and tell them why.  Any other approach will most likely have little effect on Verizon.

Good Luck.

Re: The Weather Channel
uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

I switched back to Time Warner Cable NYC on Sat May 9th. Correction from my previous post. I did not know how much I missed the Weather Channel. As soon as my service was connected, I tuned to the Weather Channel. I had it on the rest of the day.

Everyone waiting for the Weather Channel to return should not wait. Go back to your previous provider. Verizon has ceased negotiations with the Weather Channel according to the Weather Channel. Go to http://www.gettheweatherchannel.tv to see for yourself. By the way the Weather Channel On Time Warner Cable NYC is in HD with the real local on the 8's.

0 Likes
KabookiMom

With every passing day I become more and more angry with Verizon.  When it is clear that customers want the Weather Channel back, it falls on deaf ears.  Our contract expires in a few months and things will change!  I never thought I would be going back to Charter, but....  They know people really don't have many options when it comes to television programming and they are taking short gains over customer satifaction.  They may believe that we will either accept their programming lineup or forget their mistakes.  But this has gone on way too long.  With tornados and tropical storms affecting millions you would think they would resolve this issue and BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

0 Likes
uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Weather channel is not coming back. Go back to your previous provider. This is the only wasy to send Verizon a message.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KabookiMom wrote:

When it is clear that customers want the Weather Channel back, it falls on deaf ears.

Why is it clear customers want TWC back?  Certainly there are some customers who want it back, but there are some customers who don't even know it's gone nor do they care about it.  Remember that the unhappy customers are the ones who make the most noise.  That doesn't mean that most customers are unhappy.  We aren't hearing a peep from customers who didn't use TWC and haven't noticed it's gone.

While I don't have any data that can answer the question of how many FiOS customers miss TWC, I can say that the number of posts on this forums looks rather small to me compared with the millions of customers Verizon has.  There aren't even a couple thousand posts here.  That's like a tenth of a percent of Verizon's subscriber base.

I also suspect that Verizon knew just how many customers actually tuned their set-top-boxes to TWC and had some sense of how many customers they might annoy.  Verizon is very good at understanding markets and I doubt they would have taken this move if they thought it would have cost them a significant number of subscribers.

Remember, Verizon is very much a business and makes decisions based on money.  If you are upset about the loss of TWC, the best message you can send Verizon is to cancel service and tell them why.  Anything else likely won't matter to them.

Good Luck.

Please listen to your customers who are begging you to bring back The Weather Channel!
lovesTWC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been advocating for the return of The Weather Channel since March 10th, when you pulled it from your lineup. I spoke with customer service and called the Executive Assistance line.  When I threatened to leave, that team gave me a $50 credit in the hopes that as I used Accuweather I would see what a great channel it really was.  Well, I have been trying to use Accuweather and it is terrible.  It doesn't tell me any of the detailed live information that we need when storms like Hurricane Ana are bearing down on the east coast.  In order to continue advocating my cause, I have been commenting on the Verizon Fios Facebook page.  I have been commenting and requesting that you return the Weather Channel to the lineup.  At no point, have I used profanity or been derogatory to Fios but have been asking for you to return the service.  Last week, I was blocked from posting to the page with no communication from Verizon.  In addition, I am unable to even send them an inbox message.  As a customer of Fios, this is a huge problem as they have cut of one of my vehicles for getting assistance on issues. Verizon has blocked many of the people who have been posting in a similar manner.  Not only have you eliminated my freedom of speech and ability for others to hear my opinion, you have cutoff a customer and created additional resentment towards Fios and now I am seriously considering leaving you again.   It is obvious that the  motivation is to make it appear as if we have now accepted the Accuweather network and are happy with the replacement.  This is an extremely dishonest practice. I could understand being blocked if I had used profanity or been excessively rude, but this has not occurred.  In addition, for current customers, you should be contacting us to discuss why we are posting these comments rather than simply blocking us with no notice or attempt to breed some good will.

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I wish I could give gs0b more than one kudo for his post.

While their have been a relatively large number of posters here on the forum complaining that TWC is gone, millions of subscribers never watched TWC and don't even know it's gone!  Happy users generally don't come to forums to complain how happy they are.  Smiley Wink

Let me chime in that I never watched TWC on TV.  I do use the TWC website and their iPhone app for weather info, but I'm hoping something better will come along.

For those that feel that losing TWC on Verizon merits moving to another provider, all I can say is competition is good.  I hope your'e happy with your new service.

In the meant time, thanks gs0b.  You said it all.

Re: Please listen to your customers who are begging you to bring back The Weather Channel!
NNT1

The choice to drop TWC from FiOS lineup is beyond anyones paygrade that you will get on the phone. If you upset simply cancel FiOS

0 Likes
Bring back the Weather Channel
Merlin101

OMG, bring back the weather channel.  I dont want to know the weather in Grand Forks.  I live in Washington D.C.  Comcast carries it, few friends switched back due to the importance of their travel and daily plans.  My brother dropped Direct TV, and went to Dish.  Get rid of the golf channel, give us what we need.  The Weather Channel......

0 Likes
Weather Channel and Weather Scan
ILUVweather

We were frequent visitors to the Weather Scan and Weather Channel to view live radar, current conditions and forecasts.  The removal of those channels has been an extreme inconvenience.  And it is also a safety concern living in tornado alley to not readily have access to a weather in motion radar perspective.

0 Likes