Re: The Weather Channel
Avmal1
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Monday evening at a friend's house, while watching the tv, I got to watch the weather channel. We had tremendous amounts of rain that night some 3 inches. They gave the viewers continued updates for the Central New Jersey area. Wow, was that awesome. This was Comcast providing what the viewers need to know in our flood prone region with TWC. Accuweather never delves into local areas like TWC. . Thanks for listening Verizon. As soon as my contract is up with Verizon goodbye along with Verizon wireless.

MissSunshine1
Enthusiast - Level 2
TWC vs AccuWeather - Local on the 8's: Customer Svc by phone appears not to be able answer the question of "loop time" for local weather & forecast. I was a WeatherScan viewer now I use TWC app on my smartphone. Waiting for a widget to load doesn't compare to WeatherScan. Can someone address the times to get one's local info on ch 119?
0 Likes
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

Not in a Severe Storm when the Power goes out all the time!!! We just had a Major Flood Storm Sunday, May 31st, In my opionion it was worst than Sandy in my area! 

0 Likes
Debdoubleyou

So like Verizon to put profits ahead of customers' preferences and safety. Hurricane season is coming,  I hope you have a plan to transform Accuweather. It sucks.

0 Likes
plumbago
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm so tired of not having a decent weather channel to go to. We checked on switching to a new company, but between the installation fees and the Verizon contract cancelation fee, the cost of it all is too much. Such an inconvenience.  It looks like most people are giving up trying to contact Verizon, mainly because Verizon doesn't care. Hurricane season is here and we want The Weather Channel back, or at least a weather channel that is equal to the quality of TWC. As the previous customer wrote "AccuWeather Sucks". We pay good money for our service and we should be able to get a good weather channel with it. The state of Florida needs it. Again, hurricane season is here and having a good weather channel is a must to help protect citizens. That valuable resource is out there with TWC so why cut off that avenue of tried and true technology? And again, AccuWeather Sucks. I don't understand why you are not listening Verizon. I know someone from Verizon monitors these posts. So I say it again, AccuWeather Sucks. 

Verizon weather channel
bubloh

The weather channel now serving the Washington DC area is completely useless.  The information quickly moves from one city to another with virtually nothing that can provide information for planning.  The graphics are slick and, no doubt, technically correct, but much too broadly.  Adding a local weather channel would be helpful and appreciated by the customers who for years did have access to a local weather channel by The Weather Channel. 

0 Likes
Re: MVP List #153 May 31, 2015 – June 5, 2015
suegarrid114
Enthusiast - Level 1
Please bring back the weather channel. I loved prospector and this ne weather channel really sucks. Boring and dry!!!!
0 Likes
suegarrid114
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree. This might make me change. I want the weather channel. They could have at least added the new and kept the old.
0 Likes
JohnLeite
Enthusiast - Level 3

Accu Weather just sucks.  Plain and simple.  I can't get my local weather.  Why did you drop the Weather Channel.  I also miss the companion channel on SD49 which gave my local weather 24/7.  Thank you Verizon for making it easier to cut the cord when my contact ends in December.

Weather Channel
kappyinpa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very unhappy that you took the weather channels offf.  I did not like your new local weather  on 49, and now I cannot even get that.  To the surprise of  some of your  higher ups, we do not all have smart phones!