Re: How do we get rid of Acuweather and return to the Weather Channel ?
Justin46
Legend

@Itworker7 wrote:

Please, someone tell me how we can get the Weather Channel back.. I'm seriously thinking about switching to Comcast. Acuweather is so minimal, so poor it defies understanding how/why Verizon keeps this service.

Uuuugghh Smiley Sad

If you live in TX, FL, or CA, then you may be in luck, when we are sold to Frontier next month we may get the Weather Channel back, based on looking at Frontier's existing Fort Wayne, IN FiOS TV lineup. On the other hand, maybe not, maybe Frontier will just stick with Accuweather since we already have it.

If you are located somewhere else, I wouldn't hold my breath, apparently Verizon is satisfied with the contract they have with Accuweather. I really don't think there is much you can do to convince Verizon to change, and if you do switch to Comcast, unless you make absolutely sure some Verizon FiOS executive knows exactly why you are switching, your switching will mean nothing regarding Verizon possibly switching back to the Weather Channel.

Just my opinion of course.....

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Re: The Weather Channel
UnhappyVZ1

Have copper with VZ, was ready switch to FIO from COX for TV.   Not having The Weather Channel is a deal breaker.  And Verizon does not seem to care what their customers want.  Plus trying to get someone in tech support to talk to is impossible.  Should pay money to have more customer support reps and less to the fat cats in the corporate office.

0 Likes
Delleation and replacement of programing
betterplan
Enthusiast - Level 1

For a long time I have been upset with the actions as related with current shows, the removal of the Weather Chanel for one. It would not be as bad if the weather bug worked but if you need to have the current weather at real time like having the local weather radar working You are out of luck. As soon as a raindrop falls or the wind blows the thing does work. 

0 Likes
bc112
Enthusiast - Level 2
AccuWeather is better. When I want to turn on Weather Channel I want to see whether .. not stories or packages about past weather events. I want to be updated on the weather.
0 Likes
Zeivah
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accuweather  sucks - and despite the fact they took 2 channels (local radar weather that comes paired with TWC) and only gave us a substandard one back.

Verizon does not seem to care - well I am going to move all my business back to COX when my contract is up.  They just note that we are unhappy - and don't try to do anything about it.

So my 200+ money is going elsewhere - NOT because I don't like FIOS service etc.... just because they made a stupid move with one of the most important channels....

Just give us a freaking local radar station and we might be happy - BUT NOOOOO......

Accusucks it is!

0 Likes
JohnnyS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just fix the WeatherBUG!  Half the time it says the weather is unavailable, especially the radar view.  Why can't you get this to work?

0 Likes
The Weather Channel
I-WANT-NASA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a 30 year Verizon employee, now retired.  I have had FIOS for 9 years.  Nothing has made me consider switching back to Optimum as this idiotic decision to swap out The Weather Channel for AccuWeather.  I know Verizon did this because of money and I understand.  However this decision really shows that Verizon does not have a feel for their subscribers.  How anyone in the Texas corporate offices thought this was a smart move is beyond me..  Also how much money could Verizon have possibly saved when you just bought 2 companies for millions & millions of dollars.  So it is NOT the money but your

priorities of where to invest and where to save a few (in corporate dollars) bucks.  

I know my complaint is very late as you made this decision over a year ago but now I will be looking to make a decision and looking at my mailings for Optimum offers and when I see a good one I will take it.

One more aside.  On AccuWeather today a voice over descibed as Eric Austin was talking about allergies and how to help prevent them.  He acutally said "this reduces the effects of POLE-IN, instead of pollen !!!  

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things:

1) This is mainly a peer to peer support forum. So no Verizon monitoring.

2) They stated they did have a feel for their subscribers in that they did not see a high number of viewers. So they felt the price per viewer cost was too high.

0 Likes
bdguide
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it is about time that we get Re-imbursed for Programing being dropped that we did not agree to.  We were not given any choice at all, which is a contract Breach on Verizons part. We had paid for the Weather channel, not the garbage you have given us, I can tell the weather better just by looking out the window, Very very sad .

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contract clearly allows them (and most cable companies) to add and delete content.

This is done in an effort to control costs. If you are under contract, your price is set. If content providers raise rates while you are under contract, Verizon's costs go up, but not income.

Other model would be to contract for specific content which would mean your bill could change monthly.

0 Likes