Re: The Weather Channel
Rougeemt

Verizon

This is my notice to you.....When my contract is up i am gone......

Here I sit with Hurricane Matthew looming....All I have is my local weather, which is for Baltimore and DC, however I liive in Norfolk.  ACCU weather is talking about the weather out west and showing commercials about some new fangled belt....

Wait...a 30 sec radar picture of Matthew shows up, however when i look at it,  it says the last 6 hours but it is still 1HOUR behind....now the channel goes to an infomericial about a frying pan....

Sorry, my property and my families safety (here and in florida) are to important to me to worry about if my pants will stay up and if it's raining out west  or in Washington DC while my food won't stick to my new frying pan....

you can try and contact me if you want, however unless you want to bring back the REAL weather channel, i guess i will be switching to COX or DIRECT TV, hell maybe ATT to then i can get the bonus of NFL Ticket...

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

I live in Virginia Beach.  TWC is streaming all live reports LIVE from their www site.

Take a look, get your fix

starrin

Better to light a candle than curse the darkness

smtenney1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Accuweather seems to be such a small operation that they can't even come close to the coverage provided by TWC and even CNN. It's to the credit of the TWC that they are streaming their coverage on the Web.
0 Likes
Re: Bring Back the Weather Channel
TimeVoyager
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree that AccuWeather is a crappy and useless replacement for TWC, but statements that Comcast owns TWC is inaccurate.  While Comcast invested $89 million in the the weather channel, TWC is owned by a consortium of The Blackstone Group, Bain Capital, and NBC Universal. When the TWC was bought out from its founders, all the meteorologists were fired and replaced by meteorologists from NBC.

0 Likes
KSpring1

Bring back TWC!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Hurrican Matthew Coverage
cjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really Verizon?!!?!? You thing a one minute generic regional radar and some anchor telling us there is a hurricane on your AccuWeather Channel is an adequate substitute for the live in-depth coverage from The Weather Channel. When are you going to bring back The Weather Channel?

0 Likes
cjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope. Can't accesss the live stream. Got it for a few hours on Friday, but now it wants me to sign in via my provider - and Verizon is not a provider, so no access to the live stream. (never could get the live stream before the storm - it always said I had to sign in via my internet provider - again Verizon is NOT a provider of TWC)

0 Likes
Not applicable

My mother just canceled Verizon for Comcast solely to get the Weather Channel.  I will be doing the same if they do not return the Weather Channel to the lineup.  While we were on vacation we watched the Weather Channel continuously on COX cable.  We enjoy their programming, but feel the weather coverage is essential.  Accuweather is a worthless substitute.  I am still stunned they made such a horrible business decision such as this.  The Weather Channel is a necessity.

0 Likes
Accuweather
patsy1951
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the hurricane this past weekend,  and the problems in the carolina's I just have to say one thing.   Compared to the coverage on The Weather Channel, accu-weather sucks!!!

0 Likes
Weather Channel
jbeard1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is Weather Channel coming back? AccuWeather is the worst ever.