Re: The Weather Channel
Indrany

I just started with Verizon Fios and realized they are not contracted with the Weather Channel-that would of been something to think about before I switched. The weather is the first thing I put on in the morning every day. When   Sandy hit NY and Irma hit Puerto Rico and Florida, The Weather Channel kept us up to date. I do not know much about Accuweather but it seems to repeat on a loop. Please bring The Weather Channel back.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its been gone for nearly 2 years.

I doubt it will return.

0 Likes
Dan_Miller1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Indrany wrote:

I just started with Verizon Fios and realized they are not contracted with the Weather Channel-that would of been something to think about before I switched. The weather is the first thing I put on in the morning every day. When   Sandy hit NY and Irma hit Puerto Rico and Florida, The Weather Channel kept us up to date. I do not know much about Accuweather but it seems to repeat on a loop. Please bring The Weather Channel back.

I had the exact same experience. But the voices of positivity here keep telling us that we have no choice but to accept it. I disagree.  But to all of us in this largest thread in the Fios Programming forum, I will say again. SPEAK UP. MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Speak up but not here.  Verizon really doesn't pay much attention to the boards as they are meant to be Peer to Peer.  There are only a handful of Verizon Forum Admins here.

0 Likes
Dan_Miller1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tns2 wrote:

Speak up but not here.  Verizon really doesn't pay much attention to the boards as they are meant to be Peer to Peer.  There are only a handful of Verizon Forum Admins here.

1. If not here, where? 

2. I guarantee there are more than a few VZ employees here. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Knowing a bunch of them, I can say there aren't many Verizon employees here, except as customers.

0 Likes
Chrisg750
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could really use the weather channel right about now (East coast snow storm) ... thanks Verizon =\ 

0 Likes
vietvet1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please tell me when you will get the Weather Channel back. I have to go to the local gym to see it. Your substitute is pittiful. I refuse to watch. No personality, lousy graphics, poor anchors and everyone else ...and I can't think of one plus to even watch it. PLEASE get the channel back as you are a millionm/billion $ company and this is what your viewers want. If you don't think so, be good enough to send out a questionnaire or Survey Monkey and gauge the viewers. I'll ven pay a premium to watch it. Surely you can change this abomination!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No need for a survey. Verizon has the numbers on how many viewers were actually watching. And the business case didn't add up.

Its not real simple to have a premium channel.

Content provider has to agree.

There are fixed costs to have content. So the price the users are willing to pay has to cover not only the per user costs, but the fixed as well.

How. much are people willing to pay?

I find plenty of weather resources available for free.

0 Likes
NewYorkMBA1

Question.  Why can't we pay for TWC?  How about $10.00 a month?

I dumped Time Warner Cable because of their ever-rising rates, but my wife and I really enjoyed TWC.  Ridiculous I pay for numerous channels i do not want, but cannot pay for the The Weather Channel.  Maybe its time go to back to my previous provider. 

0 Likes