Re: The Weather Channel
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am very seriously thinking about going back to Time Warner( now Spectrum). Every time I call customer service or go on live chat they say that Accuweather is the same as The Weather Channel. No one can give a straight answer as to if they are negotiating to return the Weather Channel to Fios. I checked out Spectrum prices and they are cheaper than Fios. I know there will be some Fios customers that will say Fios is better. It is not better. When I call Spectrum customer service I am talking with a representative within 5 minutes. Fios is sometimes a 30 minute or longer wait. Someone will say they do not care about The Weather Channel. That is okay for them. I care about The Weather Channel.

Dan_Miller1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree completely.

However in a few minutes you will see the same person chime in and say that no one cares. He'll say forget it. It's too bad that the most visible topic on these entire forums is continuously being squashed.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Something to consider when comparing prices:

Watch for new customer pricing vs  current customer pricing.

Most providers offer new customer teaser rates. And when they expire, they will go up.

Some people are willing to play the game switching back and forth chasing the cheapest rates.

0 Likes
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

The price for Spectrum lasts for 3 years without a contract.

0 Likes
ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi every one the weather channel is back on fios tv plz check on you fios tv more inforok

0 Likes
ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi every one the weather channel is back on fios tv plz check on you fios tv more  inform .ok

0 Likes
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the channel number for the Weather Channel?

0 Likes
mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got our hopes up, but TWO is. NOT on Fios.  Still just the lousy Accuweather.  Did a search to try to find TWC, but it wasn't there.

0 Likes
Re: Bring back The Weather Channel Please!
midnitestich1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can look out my window and get better weather information than AccuWeather provides. It sucks. I NEVER watch it to see what my weather will be because it takes forever to get to where I live. I could understand if I lived in the sticks but I live in a major city. I liked the Weather Channel, followed the storms on it and watched some of its shows. 

0 Likes
Re: Bring back The Weather Channel Please!
Dan_Miller1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Verizon won't rebroadcast TWC, but they don't seem to have a problem using their naming convention.

Yesterday, as I'm sure many of you did as well, I got this email from Verizon Fios:image

-------------------------------------------------------

Winter Storm Quinn? The NWS has already said that they aren't naming winter storms - that naming convention belongs solely to TWC. So even though TWC is one of the top rated and watched cable networks and VZ has made the political - not business - choice not to carry it, they don't seem to have a problem using their naming for a possibly huge winter event. It's as if they are admitting that they are aware of how important TWC is to their audience. And they are choosing to screw them anyway.

Huh.