Re: The Weather Channel
mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, just saw it on Facebook.  Strange that Verizon has no announcement on its site!  

mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, just saw it on Facebook. Strange that Verizon has no announcement on its site!

0 Likes
Weather channel 611
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Why doesnt the channel show up in the viewing guide buy it works by entering 611 in the remote?

THE WEATHER CHANNEL IS BACK! CHANNEL 611 ON FIOS.
creg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turned on the TV this morning and much to my surprise, Channel 611 is back as WEATHERHD, aka The Weather Channel. AccuWeather is still on a different channel, but I have always liked TWC the best. When did they add TWC to the lineup?

Re: THE WEATHER CHANNEL IS BACK! CHANNEL 611 ON FIOS.
bc212

I had Verizon FIOS years ago and switched to Spectrum after they dropped The Weather Channel.  Then after reading online FIOS had picked back up I just switched back to FIOS, which is now Frontier FIOS.  Is Frontier FIOS and Verizon FIOS the same company?  Because I do not have The Weather Channel and even trying to tune to channel 611 it jumps from 607 to 616.  While I was signing back up for FIOS I even asked my customer service rep if they indeed had The Weather Channel back and was told yes.  My response was "good, because Accuweather was horrible!"  If I can't get The Weather Channel on FIOS I'll be going back to Spectrum as soon as I get my new customer discount offer.

0 Likes
Re: THE WEATHER CHANNEL IS BACK! CHANNEL 611 ON FIOS.
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bc21 wrote:

I had Verizon FIOS years ago and switched to Spectrum after they dropped The Weather Channel.  Then after reading online FIOS had picked back up I just switched back to FIOS, which is now Frontier FIOS.  Is Frontier FIOS and Verizon FIOS the same company?  Because I do not have The Weather Channel and even trying to tune to channel 611 it jumps from 607 to 616.  While I was signing back up for FIOS I even asked my customer service rep if they indeed had The Weather Channel back and was told yes.  My response was "good, because Accuweather was horrible!"  If I can't get The Weather Channel on FIOS I'll be going back to Spectrum as soon as I get my new customer discount offer.

No they are not the same. Verizon sold parts of their territory to Frontier.

JuniorAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wait...what??  Yeah, it's back - CH. 611, I'm just seeing this for the first time. (came back June 24...and it's now a week before Labor Day. SMH - better late than never I guess.😆)  

I had no idea, I came on here for another solution and saw this. Good!! That other AccuWeather channel was terrible and never watched it - just my opinion.

When it came to big thunderstorms, and even the Hurricanes hitting my area (Irene, Sandy.etc), I'd turned to TWC. It's been a pretty active Summer storm season in the Philly/NJ area.

Very cool, I dont have Facebook anymore so this is good news.

0 Likes
The Weather Channel is Back!!
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was scrolling around the channels the other day and saw the Weather Channel logo.  I clicked on it and the channel appeared.  I am amazed - did not think I would see it again.  Never liked the AccuWeather Channel.  Thank you Verizon!

0 Likes