Re: Lakers
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have called Verizon Fios twice in the past 2 weeks to find out information on the status of the Lakers new sports channel (Time Warner Sports Network) as well as the new home for USC and UCLA games (Pac-12 Network)...In both instances I was helped by a representetive who stated that Verizon is currently in negotiations to attain the rights to air both those channels. That is as specific an answer you will get out of Verizon. They are not giving any details whatsoever on when or IF they will have the channels before the first Lakers preseason game on Oct. 7. The first day of broadcasting for the new Lakers channel started today Oct. 1. If I am not given more information about the negotiating status after the first missed preseason game, I will cancel my subscription to Verizon Fios. I love the service. It is hands down the best TV service I've owned. However, the reason why I pay $140.00 a month for TV is so I can watch my favorite sports teams (USC, Lakers) LIVE as they happen. I have already missed 2 straight weekends of Los Angeles teams college football games. This weekend was UCLA, and 2 weekends ago was USC. The Pac-12 Network has been broadcasting since August 12. I have just about exhausted my patience. Please Verizon, give me and millions like me a more specific answer as to when you will have both these channels. We live for sports, we need our sports, and we will stop at nothing to get our sports...including switching TV services. PS you can go to IwantmyLakers.com to send Verizon a prewritten request for the new Lakers channel.

Re: LAKERS GAMES? ON TIME WARNER SPORTSNET ONLY NOW..
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Get the channels now Verizon, or we're gone! If the Pac-12 network is any indication as to what will happen with the Lakers channels with Verizon negotiating, we wont be seeing any games this year. Ive missed multiple USC and UCLA games already because Verizon could care less about its customers. Im just about fed up and ready to leave. 

0 Likes
Re: TWC Sports Net?
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it seems that we will have to switch from VErizon to DirecTV or Time Warner itself. I cannot miss my Lakers or USC/UCLA Football anymore. I've had enough. I pay $140 a month to watch sports LIVE as they happen, and thats it! My life revolves around sports. I know Im not alone either. Verizon is kidding itself if they think ppl in so cal will let this slide. 

lefty-28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to reach a deal to broadcast the Laker channel. I am already missing the PAC12 network on fios.

If this is not completed by mid October I will have to think of changing services.

BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm so glad I left verizon...

GO LAKERS !!!

tvsports
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I have come to the same crossroads.   Verizon Fios has to come thru or TWC better get their installers out full time 24/7

tvsports
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't forget Pac12

PAC-12FAN

THE SAD THING IS THAT BY THE TIME VERIZON MANAGEMENT DOES EVENTUALLY ADD TWC SPORTSNET AND THE PAC 12 NETWORK, THEY WILL HAVE ALREADY LOST THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS WHO WON'T BE BACK.  WE WILL HAVE ALREADY SIGNED 2 YEAR CONTRACTS WITH TWC OR DISH.   

THIS IS WHY CORPORATE AMERICA SUCKS.  THEY CAN'T SEE THE FOREST THROUGH THE TREES.  RATHER THAN TRY TO RETAIN THE CUSTOMERS THAT WILL MAKE THE SWITCH WITHOUT HESITATION, THEY WILL END UP SPENDING THE MONEY TO ADD TWC SPORTSNET AND PAC-12 NETWORKS FOR THE CUSTOMERS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT SWITCH. 

WAKE UP VERIZON!!!!   ADD THEM NOW.  

0 Likes
LakerZombie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon essentially wants to make sure they're not paying more than say a Direct TV or Dish or any other cable provider for the rights to include TWC Sports Net in their lineup

Thats really all this is. 

TWC  are a business and as such are out to make profits. But i have to say this kind of tactic does not make me want to switch to TWC simply to watch laker games.

I'm sure you will get your $$$ once Verizon eventually agrees to how much you want to charge them but I will not be switching to TWC now or in the future. I know that some people will undoubtedly make the switch and you will get new customers but I will not be one of them. Yes you will get my money for the channel but not for your service. 

#fail

{please keep your posts courteous}

AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called again today to tell of my frustrations once more about not being able to watch the premier of the new Time Warner Cable Sportsnet channel. The rep I spoke with gave me the same blanket statement as the other reps in previous weeks. Basically "we are in negotiations and cant comment on them"... I have a feeling Verizon is just sucking the most money they can out of us until finally admitting they wont be getting the channels. If they were going to get the channel, they would already have it by now. I think they owe it to loyal customers who pay well north of $100-300 a month specifically to watch their favorite teams, what the status of the negotiations are. Give us a timetable of when we can expect a deal to be done. You are going to start losing customers fast as the pre season games start rolling. Please give us a different response when we call VErizon. This is important to us. Being unable to watch USC/UCLA/Lakers games is unacceptable.