Re: Lakers TV
ryanca_vz
Enthusiast - Level 3

You and F2 are certainly entitled to your interpretation of the information I'm currently able to share with you on this topic, but I just wanted to assure you, Verizon does care.

You probably already know this, but because negotiations are a very sensitive process, it is extremely rare for much information to be made readily available to customers or even to other Verizon employees outside of the content acquisition team. If Verizon had completely walked away from the negotiation table we definitely wouldn't be telling you we are still in negotiations.

0 Likes
Re: Got an answer from Time Warner, Verizon yet to respond (also phone number to call)
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

Fine by me. Just get the channel. I'll pay a few extra bucks a month for it.

0 Likes
Re: Lakers TV
chaunce
Contributor - Level 1

C'mon ryanca. You can be passively appearing to be at the "negotiation table" but not really care about making a deal or not. You can even make a calculated business decision to not reveal or delay the inevitable in order to keep customers in limbo and take in an extra months payment. So simply saying they are "negotiating" at this point in time doesn't mean much.

This is why there were no announcements made way before you posted. Things like, " verizon will do everything in it's power to provide this channel to our valued customers" That would show me they care and are serious about getting the channel.

Not making it known to customers that they are even negotiating is a pretty big hint that they really don't care much. Looking at things now, i know verizon is low man on the totem pole here. What like 4 millions subscribers nationwide?

So in the end it is probably a calculated risk they are taking because they simply don't have many people that actually have fios and are laker fans.

Problem is this isn't like the pac-12 network where fans of those teams still see 90% of their teams games and can find other similiar sports programming that will satisfy them.

Laker fans will not stay once the regular season rolls around .they just wont. Not seeing the lakers isn't a real option. TWC knows that laker fans will leave but they aren't even concerned much with measley fios. They 'd rather stick it to Dish, Comcast and DirectTv.

This verizon negotiation is about penny pinching, plain and simple in combination with trying to estimate how many customers will leave if said deal doesn't get through.

I understand it is complicated ,but verizon is doing very little to indicate they actually care about the customers that want this channel.  (which is of course why you were directed to write a pre-written statement from up top  and pass it down to us  Smiley Wink)

Lakers - Time Warner SportsNet
LABrownPride24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a long time Lakers fan.  I find it very frustrating that it seems that I will miss the first 2012-2013 pre-season game tomorrow October 7th.  I have one year left on my most recent contract renewal.  I must say that it really does seem that Verizon is taking the wrong approach during its closed-lips negotiation.  I received an e-mail from Time Warner yesterday re-emphasizing the fact that I would most likely not be able to see the pre-seaon game tomorrow.  They are also offering incentives for switching...which I am seriously contemplating.  Yes, I am a bit bound by my remaining 1 year...but probably there are a multitude of subscribers who are not...and that will most likely to switch due to the uncertainty.  It seems like Verizon just not care about losing customer base.  Leaving customers hanging in the wind is probably not a good thing and is most likely causing resentment...which is leading to action i.e, switch to Time Warner.  Frustating, frustating, frustrating!           

0 Likes
Re: lakers first pre-season game only on twc this sunday oct 7
jtooth
Enthusiast - Level 2

We need this channel!  Don't mess around verizon.

0 Likes
Re: TWC Sports Net?
jtooth
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been said by everyone else, but it seems like the more they see posts about it the better.  I have cable so I can watch all Laker games!  If I can't watch all Laker games, I won't have cable anymore!!!  It's that simple.

jtooth
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not a unique message.. but the more the better.

I have cable so I can watch all Laker games!  If I can't watch all Laker games, I won't have cable anymore!!!  It's that simple.

0 Likes
jtooth
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not a unique message.. but the more the better.

I have cable so I can watch all Laker games!  If I can't watch all Laker games, I won't have cable anymore!!!  It's that simple.

0 Likes
BigChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

So on Sunday when the LAKERS are playing their first preseason game all of the verizon customers will be upset having no clue as to what's happening during the game meanwhile verizon management could care less about their valued customers.

I'm really disliking verizon more and more 😞

GO LAKERS !!!

Re: LAKERS GAMES? ON TIME WARNER SPORTSNET ONLY NOW..
AngrySoCalFan
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are upset about Fios not having the new Lakers TWC channel, please do your part to make your voice heard by signing this petition, which will be sent to Verizon when we get enough signatures. So far over 60 people have signed in 3 days..

http://www.change.org/petitions/verizon-fios-add-twc-sportsnet-lakers-channel

0 Likes