Um...did the FIOS Rep lie to me...?
Barbara92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just as the router comes free with our triple play packages, I was told that with my 35/35 internet qualiying me for the free Verizon Wifi (Which in my town literally is only available in four places...all of which are Starbucks) they would also provide me with that zygel usb adapter if needed.  But now they are saying no and trying to charge me the full $35 for it. 

I honestly don't know who is mistaken now...the Rep who sold me my FIOS package and said yes, or tech support that told me no.  Does anybody else have experience with this particular issue or have any knowledge about it? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Um...did the FIOS Rep lie to me...?
chipnange2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It could be possible that the Rep didnt know what he/she was talking about. When I signed up my Rep told me I would be getting a DVR free for a year and HBO/Cinemax free for 6 month. When I got my bill I was charged $22 for the movie channels. I gave Verizon a call and they told me its either the DVR or the HBO.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've never heard of Verizon giving away USB wireless adapters for free.    All the rest is consistent with the offering I presently have for my FiOS service.

0 Likes
chipnange2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It could be possible that the Rep didnt know what he/she was talking about. When I signed up my Rep told me I would be getting a DVR free for a year and HBO/Cinemax free for 6 month. When I got my bill I was charged $22 for the movie channels. I gave Verizon a call and they told me its either the DVR or the HBO.

NOVA118
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reps aren't trained very well and are basically clueless.  They will say anything to get you to sign up.

prisaz
Legend

@NOVA118 wrote:

The reps aren't trained very well and are basically clueless.  They will say anything to get you to sign up.

If as you say in a previous post, "people with more than a couple of thousand posts have no life" why are you waisting yours here knocking someone that my not have as much knowledge as the next customer service rep? There is a learning curve with any job. I do not beilieve anyone at Verizon would purposely lie to someone.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:
 I do not beilieve anyone at Verizon would purposely lie to someone.

There have been cases where door-to-door salesmen (not necessarily Verizon employees, but some marketing company contracted for sales) have in order to make the sale (and I assume get a commission).

But I agree, poor training seems to be the norm with some Verizon CSRs.

0 Likes
Barbara92
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Keyboards wrote:

@prisaz wrote:
 I do not beilieve anyone at Verizon would purposely lie to someone.
     Actually, there was an incident about eight months ago that I had with a Verizon Wireless employee who did purposely lie.  And when I came back an hour later to confront him as to why he did what he did (and yes, I did return with sufficient evidence, I did not just storm in with idiotic-rage induced accusations) we almost got into a full blown fight right there in the store after he continued to not only deny it, but then went on the offensive against me, as if my being frustrated with his little prank was inpertinent. 

Of course he did eventually trip himself up though when I began questioning him and stating my evidence infront of the "acting manager" who then took him into the back room for a moment, then came out and asked me "what will it take to make this go away?"  I asked what he was authorized to offer me, and he promised he would speak to his superiors, gave me his card, shook my hand, and said he would call me in about 12-15 hours when they opened up the next morning.  Never heard from him or anybody else.

I didn't pursue it any further because I had somewhat cooled down by this time, and honestly didn't want to get the guy fired...but the point is, now you know that it is not impossible for someone from Verizon to lie to you. 

(By the way, this was, as it sounds, a unique, and quite frankly, a bizarre incident, and in no way is it meant to imply that this is the general attitude of all Verizon customer service reps.  The rest of my experience with Verizon CSAs has been mostly positive; the majority of them being very kind and as helpful as possible.)

0 Likes