Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
eckertd
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you think Verizon is just dropping the AMC network(s) "because they don't care about their customers" you're insane.  Time for a reality check.  

The contract between them is drawing to a close and the AMC folks (which is Cablevision, BTW) probably want to charge VZN more to carry their programming - probably more than what VZN wants to pass down to the customers.  AMC has chosen to draw first-blood in a public relations war.  From the sounds of the public outcry thus far, it's working.

It makes sense...charge your competitors a high(er) price to carry your programming, then advertise about how you're cheaper than they are.  If they disagree, then don't renew the contract and tell the public that competitor dropped the channel.  Think it's crazy?  Ask DiSH

0 Likes
Cancellation of Stations
jstcyrjl

I also heard this announcement while watching The Walking Dead on AMC and also they are cancelling IFC, Sundance and WE TV. Not long ago they cancelled Me TV which had older TV shows like Hogan's Hero's, Lost in Space, The Rifleman all of which I liked. They put PLUM TV station in it's place which is a lame station that has nothing good to offer and I never watch it.

WITH THE PRICE WE PAY WE SHOULD START GETTING DISCOUNTS FOR THE MISSING STATIONS WE ALL LIKE NOT PRICE INCREASES.

I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN VERIZON AND IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE GO BACK TO COMCAST.

0 Likes
Pilgrim2
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have a choice.  Our two cellular telephones, television, internet and digital voice and all have been "out of contract" for quite sometime.

For our family, that's approximately $245 per month average per year, or just under $3,000 annually that VERIZON would be losing.  All easily replaced by other providers, (COMCAST's cable is still attached to my home!)

Until I learned that AMC may be dropped from my available channels, I never thought about just how much we spend on these services.  If I must pay $3,000 per year, I may as well get what I pay for.

Verizon, AMC is one of my favorite channels, if it goes, we switch! 

0 Likes
frank726

if AMC goes  i will follow it to whatever provider offers it  and cancel my triple play  sad  because  i was very happy  with my verizon  service  until i heard the news about amc  everyone that has fios  here is  very upset about the news and are currently looking into other  options  for service we love the walking dead

0 Likes
bdoon00
If AMC is out so am I....
0 Likes
CalmDog
Enthusiast - Level 2

AMC shows are by far my family's favorites. While I don't know the specifics of the underlying issues, I will say that I won't stay with a carrier that does not have this network. If FIOS drops it, I'd go back to cable or satellite..

0 Likes
Verizon dropping AMC
m3dgb
Don't drop AMC, we enjoy watching Walking Dead and Mad Men
0 Likes
dmholl

I'm a regular viewer of AMC and enjoy the TV shows. Please do not remove AMC from your programing. I do not want to change to a different company. I know Comcast is always sending tempting offers in my area.

Thank you.

0 Likes
m3dgb
Agree, dropping AMC and losing great shows like Walking Dead and Mad Men would be awful. We might have to switch back to Comcast.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping AMC
sho242

I agree, do not drop AMC. AMC has some of the best shows on TV. Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are some of THE best shows.

0 Likes