Re: Verizon Dropping Channels
prisaz
Legend

@Techman28 wrote:

Sel5,

if you bundle again you normally can get really close to what you were getting before

We cant let these cable network companies continue to queeze Verizon like they are everyone else. If we are not understanding and alow negotiations to continue, the costs will just go up for everyone. I for one not being a huge sports fan, would like to see that boken out into a different tier. Why should I pay for something I could do without. ATSC and my antenna can pick up my local teams.

Not related to TV, but related to cost.

Example. I dropped to 50/25 speed two months ago, and my price dropped when I went out of a commitment, and dropped phone service. . Today I signed on for another 24 months same price, but now have my 75/35 back. Verizon can be fair. I was even able to get Fiber Solutions to put me though to billing which was closed, they pushed the date from tomorrow up to today, and I have my speed tonight. All while in chat sessions. Tech transfered chat to billing, billing transfered chat back to tech, and all was done at the same cost I was paying this morning. In less than an hour! Prime example of Verizon being fair. Extreme 75/35 24 month commitment, for the same as Extreme 50/25 with no commitment. I love my FiOS.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
afmandc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon please dont drop AMC. i can think of plenty of useless non english speaking channels that you can drop.

clau22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont understand how some people can defend verizon on these forums. this is basically a dispute between millionaires and billionaires. at the end of the day the consumers loose. so i like others here will simply have to drop verizon in favour of another provider that will carry AMC. simple as that. if you don't like amc than this won't matter to you. 

Firebrandx
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family have been loyal Fios customers for some years now. While I enjoy the incredibly reliable internet service and HD cable entertainment, my family and I  will not hesitate to switch providers should AMC be dumped from the Fios roster.

Also with regard to the claim by Verizon that AMC is doing some sort of cheap-shot by making public the issue at hand, I'm rather glad they did as it gave my family and I heads-up on the situation. I'd rather find out ahead of time like this, than finding out a deal went bad after the fact without having voiced my commitment to cancel service. I'm sure AMC knows this all too well, and it was logically in their best interest to get the public notified. That's not being cheap or underhanded, that's just showing the reality of the demand for your product.

sdkeller
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Verizon you are making billions from your customers and AMC has some of the most popular shows on TV.  Pay them what they want or we'll find a service provider that values good programming and appeasing their customers.

bejay53
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now you know how we feel when we lost Funimation last March and MNet in September!

Verizon claimed lack of viewership then.

0 Likes
topcapt
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOL ... the question for me is how many of you "I AM DROPPING FIOS IMMEDIATELY!!" types are shilling for AMC. I venture a guess of 99%. Despite the "spinoff" of AMC etc, it is unfathomable for me to think Dolan and Cablevision aren't pulling the strings here and as such, are undercover doing to FIOS et al the samething they protest so loudly when a content provider tries sticking a gun in their ribs. 

0 Likes
Scorpiokay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please don't drop AMC! We love the walking dead

Scitfrostbite
Enthusiast - Level 1

AMC is about the only channel I watch, walking dead, madmen, breaking bad, etc I will some kind of **bleep** if they drop amc and will switch as soon as I can!

manope
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think the verizon customers will all agree with what I have to say.

No one cares about IFC, the sundance channel, or WE tv, but if you drop AMC I'm switching to a network that does have it, since Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead are my two favorite shows. DON'T DROP AMC OR YOU'LL REGRET IT VERIZON!!!