Verizon dropping WUSA9 on Dec 31
FJGFios
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why would Verizon drop WUSA, a channel that is watched by most subscribers, because of cost but carry and pay for dozens of useless channels that almost nobody watches.  Drop the low watched channels and use the funds to pay for the good channels most subscribers watch like WUSA.  I will be cancelling my Verizon service, after being with them for over 15 years, regardless of the penalty, if Verizon drops WUSA.  Comcast I might be coming back with a lot of other people I know who are upset about the dropping of WUSA9.  Customer loyalty means nothing to Verizon only profits matter.

Re: Verizon dropping WUSA9 on Dec 31
bn247
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still **bleep** about losing the weather channel now my local CBS channel.   Might be time to jump back to Comcast!  

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its the same issue that caused the Disney threat.

WUSA wants more money. Verizon has to try and keep the programming costs down to keep down the cost to us.

On WUSA website, they don't say that they haven't asked for an increase.

All they say is that they have negotiated other deals for "fair market value" for their programming.

Remember, when costs to cable companies go up, our costs go up.

No CBS for the Super Bowl
Tomusa2018
Enthusiast - Level 1

How many of you are concerned that you will lose access to WUSA and CBS as of 5:pm today, December 31?  That means, you won't be able to watch half of the NFL playoffs, the AFC Championship game and the Super Bowl (typically the most watched show in TV history).  I think this is really a con game on the part of Verizon.  Are any others concerned??

Geast26
Enthusiast - Level 1

Customer loyalty means nothing to Verizon only profits matter.

bbc956
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are so angry that you and WUSA cannot/will not come to an agreement. 

First it's the weather channel. Then you threaten to take ESPN off the air. Now this. 

You are all getting too greedy. 

If you take this away, or raise our costs, again you will lose a long time subscriber!!!

Rock21Baby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do not drop my favorite channel, I will have to make othe plans..

LMSWANN
Enthusiast - Level 1

As a loyal verizon subscriber I will look into finding a new subscriber if VERIZON do not maintain WUSA9.  This channel is my main go to channel that I access the most.  I am paying $200 a month for verizon services and now I can't access a normal channel that canusually be accessed with no cable access.  Something is wrong with this picture.  Once I find a new product to watch this channel, Verizon will use me as a patron.  Goodbye!

TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did an agreement happen because it is 5:15pm EST and WUSA is still on my FiOS

0 Likes
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3

After I posted my last message, WUSA was taken down. I can’t watch CBS now

0 Likes