Verizon programming has been getting worse and worse...
pugree
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am at a loss every weekend to find a channel to watch.I guess I have like 300 some odd..channels on my plan.  Nothing on.for me to watch.  I have 22 sports channels, 20 Spanish channels and 6 "other" language channels...Yet , if I want to watch RAI  (Italian) I have to pay for it. Or If I want Hallmark channel I have to pay for it..I want to be able to choose my own channels.  The packages offered to me suck!!   Unfortunately, I am unable to upgrade my channels due to money constraints.  So common guys give me a BREAK!!!I 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon programming has been getting worse and worse...
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@pugree wrote:

I am at a loss every weekend to find a channel to watch.I guess I have like 300 some odd..channels on my plan.  Nothing on.for me to watch.  I have 22 sports channels, 20 Spanish channels and 6 "other" language channels...Yet , if I want to watch RAI  (Italian) I have to pay for it. Or If I want Hallmark channel I have to pay for it..I want to be able to choose my own channels.  The packages offered to me suck!!   Unfortunately, I am unable to upgrade my channels due to money constraints.  So common guys give me a BREAK!!!I 

Sorry to hear you are this upset...

Just out of curiosity, do you have the 'Extreme HD' TV package?  

I know that for the National channel line up, the Hallmark Channel is in all TV packages:  Prime, Extreme and Ultimate.

The Hallmark Movie Channel, though, is only available in Prime and Ultimate.

I am not sure what "other" languages you are getting for free, but if they are from local programming, then that is specific to your area. Hence, Spanish channels (a few) are the only international channels shown for free where I live.

Regarding getting an international chanel at no charge... some things to consider:

1) According to google, there are 6,900 languages in the world.  Verizon offers 23 international channels ranging in price from $4.99 a month to $25.00 a month.  

RAI (one channel) is offered at $9.99 a month... compare this to TV Japan (single channel) at $25.00 a month.

2) Is there a predominantly large population of Italian-speaking residents (or at least a demand for it) in your area to warrant the channel being offered for free? If this is truly the case, then it is something worth petitioning for...

3) Perhaps Verizon should have an international channel offer once more like they did a year or two ago (where first time subscribers could get it free for a period of time like 6 months).

4) Customization of channels is a good idea!

0 Likes