Re: VERIZON REMOVES CBS, FOX (WBOC) FROM DELMARVA TV LINEUP
Bville01
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is now October 5th and after five days still no CBS or Fox. And no updates to us paying customers as to the status. Great service - not!!!

0 Likes
dlm6

We just got an antenna, put it in our attic, and we now have local channels including WBOC and Fox.  We can combine that with Sling TV and be done with Verizon.  Losing customers is the only thing that will make them reconsider.  I never would've considered this if Verizon hadn't dropped WBOC.  Thanks, Verizon!

0 Likes
airborne18
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only thing Verizon did was refuse to pay extortion to WBOC.  WBOC is the one who is not providing Verizon content.   WBOC has all of the power in this situation, they are a monopoly.  And Verizon cannot just rebroadcast the programming from another affilate.  Well they can, but WBOC has to give them permission, which I don't think will happen.

The FCC granted WBOC this power, along with every other local broadcast station.  

dmtbayfront

While it is true that FCC has programming constraints on channels,  Comcast is carrying multiple stations for both CBS and Fox.  These are the Baltimore channels as well as the local channels.  So I doubt that FCC constraints are the case here.  Verizon may have to pay for carrying those stations, but if they cannot resolve their dispute with WBOC they need to provide replacement service.  Most users are less concerned about local programming.  They seek the network programming, thus a different station for both Fox and CBS would satisfy most customers.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

While it sounds simple, it is not.

Verizon would have to put in connectivity to these stations to get data.

They don't just put up an antenna and get it that way.

0 Likes
dmtbayfront

They do not need an antenna.  They have hardline connectivity to both Philadelphia and Baltimore.

0 Likes
Bcustins
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I just installed on Sept 28th..no mention of this possibly happening at all when I chose to switch, then Saturday evening find out on the wboc website. I have 30 days to cancel service before the etf applies. Will probably keep internet and get direct TV... I'm not paying 200/mo for service and have to jump through hoops every weekend to watch football. Unless they have some solutions lined up for affiliate coverage when I talk to them today... I'm out while I can be!  

0 Likes
Zaybear99

I don't care if the CBS and Fox channels comes from Philadelphia or where ever as long as this gets resolved by this Sunday 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you sent same to wboc? They are a party to this as well.

0 Likes
spanpris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so sick of this **bleep**. It doesn't matter who the provider or station is. When did it become acceptable business practice on both sides to just stop allowing us access to programming? Unfortunately in Sussex County we are at a complete loss as far as alternatives if this is your only house and you want at least one major market TV station. As far as I'm concerned the FCC needs to get in the 21st century. No one seems to give a rat's you know what.