Re: Very poor audio quality on Comedy Central
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

The AM quality on Comedy Central is an ongoing problem shared with WGN, Discovery Channel and others.  

There's a thread about this over on DSL Report ...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21983249-AM-quality-sound-on-Comedy-Central-WGN-and-others 

that talks about this very topic. I actually called the 800 number to report this and had to go off on the CSR when he honestly told me he knows nothing about digital audio or video. Excuse me, you work for a cable TV (FiOS TV is cable TV) company and you're trying to diagnose a problem without knowing anything of what you're trying to fix? That's why Dr. House gets the big bucks.

If Verizon want's to continue to be a contender in the cable-tv market they seriously need to get quality control under control and have someone to fix these eff ups when they occur. Have someone who can turn the channel on and once they hear the crappy sound call someone to get it fixed and stay fixed.

And the fact no one from Verizon has chimed in speaks volumes with their silence.

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2
Please check the 3 page thread in tech support for my reply.  I also sent you a PM. 
0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21983249-AM-quality-sound-on-Comedy-Central-WGN-and-others

The topic is hot as in VHO8 we've had poor audio for a couple days straight. There are posts from all over from people with the same problem. I've posted to the direct board and can do nothing but watch as people who posted after me get their questions answered.

All we want is FM quality on WGN, Comedy Central, FX & Discovery. I can't speek for the movie channels as I don't subscribe.

0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

The AM sound is back for me. {edit]

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 08-10-2009 08:47 PM
0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

And the sound is still muffled and boomy. I called it AM quality but now wish to call it muffled as it's not a slam on AM radio which can sound better. I hope they can fix the sound on Comedy Central before they show the last Futurama movie this weekend.

0 Likes