Verzion took off cooking channel
TvWatcher001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was on customer tv lifestyle and reality plan. And I loved watching cooking channel (663).  But now verzion, decided they will take it off this plan.  And they want me to go to a higher paying plan just so I can continue watching that channel.

What gives?  Why did they decide to take that channel off?

0 Likes
This happened to me too!
CookingTV

When I go to either Cooking Channel or Science Channel, it says "you are not subscribed to this channel."

However, when I go to the listing of channels on my account (Home and Family), it says that both should be part of my plan.

Please clarify!

0 Likes
Re: Verzion took off cooking channel
Shnene

They just told me I have to pay an extra $50 per month to upgrade my plan to get it back.

0 Likes
CookingTV

You can get Discovery Plus for about that for a year!

0 Likes
Cooking channel removed
Shnene

The cooking channel was removed from my package and then an agent said I need to pay $50 extra per month to get it back.  Verizon just posted stunning earnings.  I am a Verizon shareholder so I am happy for that… but not when a package that I agreed to with Verizon is changed without my knowledge and then I am asked to pay more to get the same package.

0 Likes
Re: Cooking channel removed
Shnene

The chat rep also “gamed” the survey by passing the chat to her manager before sending it to me.  By doing this, the manager gets a he rating and not the rep… which doesn’t impact her standing with Verizon.  So basically they then pass the survey to the manager with no fear of ramifications.  Oldest trick in the contact center book

0 Likes
PersephoneP

They just keep pushing and pushing.  We hardly watch TV.  Paying way too much.  These people need to be better regulated CNN+ didn't show that people are tired of the plus and being charged extra for everything?  

0 Likes
Sunee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verizon wants to keep their customers, they are going in the wrong direction with extreme charges.  

NtvAmrn
Enthusiast - Level 2

One word.....GREED

TvWatcher001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bait and switch...

Offer many channels initially then later take channels off but keep the same rate.

0 Likes