Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Verzion took off cooking channel

TvWatcher001
Contributor
Contributor

Verzion took off cooking channel

Message 1 of 13
(3,861 Views)

I was on customer tv lifestyle and reality plan. And I loved watching cooking channel (663).  But now verzion, decided they will take it off this plan.  And they want me to go to a higher paying plan just so I can continue watching that channel.

What gives?  Why did they decide to take that channel off?

12 REPLIES 12
CookingTV
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too!

Message 2 of 13
(3,483 Views)

When I go to either Cooking Channel or Science Channel, it says "you are not subscribed to this channel."

However, when I go to the listing of channels on my account (Home and Family), it says that both should be part of my plan.

Please clarify!

Shnene
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Verzion took off cooking channel

Message 3 of 13
(3,439 Views)

They just told me I have to pay an extra $50 per month to upgrade my plan to get it back.

CookingTV
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 13
(3,404 Views)

You can get Discovery Plus for about that for a year!

Shnene
Contributor
Contributor

Cooking channel removed

Message 5 of 13
(3,246 Views)

The cooking channel was removed from my package and then an agent said I need to pay $50 extra per month to get it back.  Verizon just posted stunning earnings.  I am a Verizon shareholder so I am happy for that… but not when a package that I agreed to with Verizon is changed without my knowledge and then I am asked to pay more to get the same package.

Shnene
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cooking channel removed

Message 6 of 13
(3,245 Views)

The chat rep also “gamed” the survey by passing the chat to her manager before sending it to me.  By doing this, the manager gets a he rating and not the rep… which doesn’t impact her standing with Verizon.  So basically they then pass the survey to the manager with no fear of ramifications.  Oldest trick in the contact center book

PersephoneP
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 13
(3,228 Views)

They just keep pushing and pushing.  We hardly watch TV.  Paying way too much.  These people need to be better regulated CNN+ didn't show that people are tired of the plus and being charged extra for everything?  

Sunee
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 13
(3,182 Views)

If Verizon wants to keep their customers, they are going in the wrong direction with extreme charges.  

NtvAmrn
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 13
(2,980 Views)

One word.....GREED

TvWatcher001
Contributor
Contributor

Message 10 of 13
(2,708 Views)

Bait and switch...

Offer many channels initially then later take channels off but keep the same rate.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title