We Want Celtic Road Games in HD
midiexpert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Love CSN NE celtics home games in HD--but even though the road games are also being broadcast in HD, Verizon FIOS does not carry those, only the SD broadcast. I hope someone from Verizon reads this and will respond re:

1) why not carry the road games in HD

2)if so, when can we expect this to happen

It's very annoying, I know I'm spoiled, but seriously, we now have TBS in HD for the baseball playoffs, I hear the MLB network is on it's way in January in HD, so how about carrying the full slate of celtics games in HD? I know for a fact that other cable providers than Comcast are carrying the full schedule in HD, so I don't think it's Comcast that is preventing it (although I'm sure it costs a pretty penny).

C'mon FIOS--you have the best PQ, now you have the most HD programming--you are almost perfect--just add this and a few more of my favorite HD channels, and you'll have a customer for life.  You can do it, can't you?

0 Likes
Re: We Want Celtic Road Games in HD
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1

Are you sure it is being broadcast by CSN in HD?

I know here in VA, when the Wizards play on the road it is not in HD usually, just the home games are. 

0 Likes
midiexpert
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yep, CSN makes a big deal of how the whole schedule is now broadcast in HD--it's gotta be some financial deal with Comcast, as they are losing market share to Verizon. 
0 Likes
Chitchatjf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fios,RCN,and Satillite will not have CSN-NE full time because they compete with Comcast directly.

0 Likes