Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

We Want Celtic Road Games in HD

midiexpert
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

We Want Celtic Road Games in HD

Message 1 of 4
(6,901 Views)

Love CSN NE celtics home games in HD--but even though the road games are also being broadcast in HD, Verizon FIOS does not carry those, only the SD broadcast. I hope someone from Verizon reads this and will respond re:

1) why not carry the road games in HD

2)if so, when can we expect this to happen

It's very annoying, I know I'm spoiled, but seriously, we now have TBS in HD for the baseball playoffs, I hear the MLB network is on it's way in January in HD, so how about carrying the full slate of celtics games in HD? I know for a fact that other cable providers than Comcast are carrying the full schedule in HD, so I don't think it's Comcast that is preventing it (although I'm sure it costs a pretty penny).

C'mon FIOS--you have the best PQ, now you have the most HD programming--you are almost perfect--just add this and a few more of my favorite HD channels, and you'll have a customer for life.  You can do it, can't you?

3 REPLIES 3
jamieva
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: We Want Celtic Road Games in HD

Message 2 of 4
(6,881 Views)

Are you sure it is being broadcast by CSN in HD?

I know here in VA, when the Wizards play on the road it is not in HD usually, just the home games are. 

midiexpert
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(6,870 Views)
Yep, CSN makes a big deal of how the whole schedule is now broadcast in HD--it's gotta be some financial deal with Comcast, as they are losing market share to Verizon. 
Chitchatjf
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(6,831 Views)

Fios,RCN,and Satillite will not have CSN-NE full time because they compete with Comcast directly.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title