Weather Channel has wrong city
Netmouse
Enthusiast - Level 3

The FIOS settings for the Weather Channel and Weather Scan are the wrong city.   It has Newark, NJ.  Before with Optimum it was Mt. Holly for northwest NJ (I'm in Dover NJ) and that was accurate weather.  For example, today is snowing up to 5-8 inches in Dover, NJ from various sources.  And Newark is all rain with maybe an inch of snow.

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel has wrong city
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon essentially uses one location for each of its areas, so may well not be completely local.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

PS Newark is slightly closer to Dover even if you think the weather reports aren't as accurate.

0 Likes
Netmouse
Enthusiast - Level 3

Saying Dover is closer to Newark is only looking at miles.   Newark is by the coast and warmer.   Mt. Holly shares a similar distance inland with Dover away from the shore and ocean, also a higher elevation than Newark.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am familiar with the area.  But the point is they are not putting up a weather channel feed for each area especially with those all being so close together.  The use only one for the area(I am not sure if that's by VHO or something smaller).  In some areas of the country picking ones over a hundred miles away.

0 Likes
Netmouse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I no longer use FIOS for weather as it is eastern NJ coastal weather and not accurate for inland higher elevation western NJ.  I now use the weather.com website that lets me pick my location by zip code and is accurate.   Interesting as both FIOS and weather.com are using data from the same company.

This is like how I now use tv.com for my tv listings as it is more flexible and easy to use than the FIOS website TV listing.

0 Likes
Netmouse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I revisited the FIOS website and found it improved.  That annoying pop-up that kept asking for my mobile phone number is gone, finally.  It is more clear to find the Watch FIOS TV Listing.   Much better, and easy to use to program DVR shows.  Would prefer, however, not to have a black color screen and white type,  it is hard on eyes.  Would also be great for the bookmark to open to what the bookmark was created from and not stop at the main logon page - my bookmark is to the TV Listing with a Favorite selection, and I have to click to re-do.

0 Likes