Weather Channel Local on the 8's - Channel 49
PaQuilter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had Verizon Fios for about 3 or 4 years now and I'm still waiting for you to update our Weather Channel's Local on the 8's to my area in PA.  When I first signed up, I was told that Verizon would be updating the weather location to my area.  When we had Comcast we received the weather for the Sellersville, PA area.  Now with Verizon, we are stuck with the weather from the Philadelphia area which does absolutely nothing for my area.  I checked with the Weather Channel and they said it is up to Verizon to update your equipment in order for us to get the Local on the 8's for the Sellersville/Perkasie area.  I really don't care what the weather in Philly is and the current Local on the 8's info doesn't even go north of Warminster, PA which doesn't help us out either.  Its time that the Sellersville/Perkasie, PA area has its own weather information like they do with Comcast.  And don't tell me to use the Weather Widget!  That does not give us the same information that the Local on the 8's does and is a poor substitution.  Can you please tell me when you are finally going to update your equipment so that we receive the Local on the 8's information for my area? 

0 Likes
Re: Weather Channel Local on the 8's - Channel 49
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry there is not local assignment for your area. We have no projections if/when it will be available in your area. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes