WFN (World Fishing Network) Gone!
RandomNameHere
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the ultimate package, this morning I wake up to see that the WFN (World Fishing Network) is no longer available on Fios TV. This is garbage. FIOS wants me to watch the Pursuit Channel, which is terrible.

Bring back the WFN!!

Re: WFN (World Fishing Network) Gone!
CowboyDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Pursuit" on channel 818 is NO replacement for the WFN channel. What a joke. I can't explain in words how upset I am over Verizon. We as a community need to know how you; Verizon, can drop one of the best entertainment channels for us outdoor fans to watch.

CowboyDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so tired of Verizon. Their lack of communication, expense packages, and dropping channels and then holding you hositage for more money to get them back. I have the Ultimate package but still it is not enough.  I am calling Directv today.

0 Likes
NoFish1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Three years ago I was excited to get fios. Expensive but it was clearly the best available especially the Internet and they had outdoor channel (dropped last year )and now WFN. Watch persuit or national geographic. I'm sure they spent millions on some focus group that doesn't go outside and enjoys wine cheese and long political talks.
Interesting they had an employee strike didn't disclose the terms to the public and a month later the bill is the same and they drop channels wonder where your bill is being spent?
Kayakfisherman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was in the same boat. I woke up looking forward to get my fishing fix on, and sad to find it was removed. The channel they want us to watch is not even close to WFN! I would call tonight to cancel but I don't want to speak to the call enter they have after hours. That channel is the whole reason I got that package in the first place. This is too crazy and I am about to cancel cable/fios all together. These package deals ruin the system. They should h given us the option to check out the new channel before the Forced switch. 

If there is a customer support reading this, we are not happy!

chris

0 Likes
Fishnmanmichael
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah that really was one of the last things that kept me on the ultimate bundle....Jerks.  All about the $$  WFN is gone...I will be gone too

0 Likes
BigRob230

Totally agree - total crap!  Nothing left in the sports package worth paying for

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon was the launch provider for wfn.

I don't remember seeing any other provider that provides wfn in all area

0 Likes
Bayrunner
Enthusiast - Level 2

When we signed up for FIOS a few years ago, there were two fishing channels, the Outdoor Sportsman which Verizon cancelled within a few months after we got our service. This left us with the WFN, which is okay but we live in southeast Virginia where is more saltwater fishing than lake or river fishing. People come from all over the world to fish in our back yard (Chesapeake Bay) and we can't even have a fishing channel to promote the fishing that is in our area. On top of that we don't have a good weather channel on Verizon, which is cruital to boaters and fishermen in the area. Boating and fishing in Virginia is a multi-million dollar industry and it would be nice to have a few TV channels to compliment the recreational activities in the area. My husband is so upset that he is willing to pay the early disconnect fee just to find a cable service that provides what we need in this area. It's sad that Verizon does not care. All we get is a "sorry for the inconvenience" message. What an insult. They are not sorry at alll. They keep removing quality channels for something cheaper and except us to be happy.  Cancelling a fishing network and adding a hunting network will not help at all. I looked at the Persuit channel lineup, and there are a token few fishing shows, but 90% of the shows are for hunting. 

0 Likes
careichardt

I agree, Bring it back.  I live in Maryland which has the White Marlin tournament and encompasses the largest estuary in the world.  What rocket scientist got rid of the channel dedicated to fishing in this area?  Pursuit channel does not replace the WFN!  I am constantly disappointed in the channel choices made by the Verizon people in the Maryland and Va area.

I will drop my packages to basic as soon as I can without getting penalized for it.  I'll also give up my VIOP phone which I have had the number for 27 years.  Where's the support Option for bad programming??  There isn't one.  They don't care.

0 Likes