Re: What happened to Golf Channel HD?
mole
I have the same thing in Newport News. It is on my guide,but says I am not subscribed.
0 Likes
XPEG
I live in Richmond VA and I too have that message that I'm not subscribed.  I can't get in touch with a real person on Verizon to talk to.  Are they all off on Saturday?
0 Likes
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1
Same problem.  I'm on Extreme HD and it's telling me I'm not subscribed to Golf HD (Richmond, VA).  I really like the end product, but Verizon seriously needs to get someone in charge of the tv side that can deliver service and effectively communicate changes and delays to the customer base.  I hated being with Comcast but at least they told you when a channel was coming and it came.  The communication is completely lacking with the customer base and it's very frustrating to people like me that really, really enjoy the product.  It also keeps some people from switching over
0 Likes
Wellesley
Enthusiast - Level 2

We don't get the Golf Channel (nonHD) as we are not subscribed to the "sports" package. We only get "premium" service as part of the Triple Play.   What's the deal with the Golf HD?  We seem to get all the HD channels (except HBO, etc.).  I guess this is going to be another add-on?  Experience from anyone who has it?  We don't seem to have it yet in the DC/MD area.

0 Likes
CriticalThinker
You have to subscribe to the Sports Package in order to receive the HD Golf Channel and other HD sports channels.  I believe it's $15/month.
0 Likes
CriticalThinker
I forgot to mention that you also have to subscribe to the Sports Package to get the Non-HD Golf Channel also.  This is not a new  requirement.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Sports Package is $7.99 a month and only applies to NY and northern NJ
Message Edited by matcarl on 02-09-2009 03:13 PM
0 Likes
XPEG

I get all the sports channels - ESPN, ESPN News, ESPNU, BIG 10 channel, NHL Live, Versus etc.  And at one time I got Golf Channel HD before they took it away.  What other sports channels are there to get with the "sports package"?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Sports package are all channels from 300-319 plus CBS College Sports and NHL Network plus their HD counterparts.
0 Likes
mole
Golf Channel HD on 593 was up in Newport News last night although the Pebble Beach prelim programming was not in HD. Theys should be like WFN where all content is HD.
0 Likes