What happened to star information on movies?
graphixart
Enthusiast - Level 1

First it was bad enough that FiOS doesn't supply any star ratings as they really can help in choosing movies, they now don't even include the names of stars in movies. Sometimes I'm not sure about a name of a movie but can identify it by who's in it, but now there's no longer star info, at least on my STB. Does anyone know anything about this and whether it's permanent? They have to know that this makes for a poor customer experience. Are they that clueless?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happened to star information on movies?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

This was recently discussed on this thread.  The cast information, when provided by the service from which Verizon receives the channel guide information, is available on the full screen info display (press info twice on a movie or other selection) to see the full description and cast information.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

This was recently discussed on this thread.  The cast information, when provided by the service from which Verizon receives the channel guide information, is available on the full screen info display (press info twice on a movie or other selection) to see the full description and cast information.

graphixart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks! I didn't know that clicking again would show more info (which is actually a third press of Info). It's a bit quirky as the extra cast info doesn't always show, sometimes it will if I use the "Full Info" on the left, but now that I know that the cast info is probably in there somewhere I'll keep trying. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

It's 2 clicks if in the guide, 3 if while viewing the show in question.

tns
Master - Level 2

@Keyboards wrote:

Actually full info is not available on DVR recordings, only live view.  So it is annoying that stars are often missing in the basic info.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@tns wrote:

@Keyboards wrote:

Actually full info is not available on DVR recordings, only live view.  So it is annoying that stars are often missing in the basic info.

Nevr said it was available during DVR playback, but when LIVE viewing.  OP never mention DVR playback just that it wasn't available on their STB so that is why I answered the way I did

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Part of me thinks that if you're recording something on your DVR -- you probably should already know that you want to watch it regardless of who's in it?!?   Of course, I have myself occasionally watching a show and wondering who a particular actor is when I can't place their name/face.   But then, I have internet and IMDB for that.   🙂

lanelle1

FIOS is not providing the cast/star info for the movies.  Clicking twice doesn't work anymore---if it ever did.  What's happened?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lanelle wrote:

FIOS is not providing the cast/star info for the movies.  Clicking twice doesn't work anymore---if it ever did.  What's happened?

I just checked a number of channels showing movies and the cast info was available on all of them. I checked several Starz and Showtime channels, plus FX and Universal (the only free channels I happened to see that had movies right now), and all were fine.

Where are you located? I am in North Texas, perhaps it is a local issue. Or maybe you are not clicking far enough; when I am just viewing the movie it takes 3 clicks to see the cast info, only 2 clicks when in the Guide.

Keller, TX 76248

lanelle1

Just called FIOS  to ask and was told that's just the way it is as part of their "changes" to "improve" the guide.  Since they used to do it for years, I don;t see it as an improvement but just another way to provide less service.  The cast members are an important part of movie watching decisions and should be available for all movies since they are provided for "on demand" and "pay for view".  Is there any reason for this other than "that's just the way it is"?

0 Likes