What to do when the Football Game runs LATE?
germinator
My number one frustration with the FIOS TV is the fact that the units can't seem to adjust like a TIVO to the time a program is running. For example, with my old Direct TV Tivo system, if the game ran 15 minutes long, everything programmed to record, including the game, got recorded correctly. Not so with the FIOS. Am I missing something? It's getting a little wasteful to start recording everything I want to watch PLUS the show after.... 
0 Likes
Re: What to do when the Football Game runs LATE?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@germinator wrote:
My number one frustration with the FIOS TV is the fact that the units can't seem to adjust like a TIVO to the time a program is running. For example, with my old Direct TV Tivo system, if the game ran 15 minutes long, everything programmed to record, including the game, got recorded correctly. Not so with the FIOS. Am I missing something? It's getting a little wasteful to start recording everything I want to watch PLUS the show after.... 

Don't know of any other method other than adding 15 minutes (or whatever) to the recording.  Heck, considering the number of times the guide is flat out wrong it's a miracle anything records correctly Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
wdbass99
I just set whatever Program is after game to record.
0 Likes
seattleshopgirl
How do you add time to a recording?
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@seattleshopgirl wrote:
How do you add time to a recording?

Once the recording has started, unforunately you can't.  If you scheduled a recording (that hasn't started yet) goto the DVR menu, select scheduled recordings, then select the recording you want to add time on.  There is an option menu to modify the start / end time.  This allows you to starte early (in preset increments) or end late (also in preset increments).

Is that what you are looking for?  Hopefully yes Smiley Wink

0 Likes
boohdaboo

Just to make sure I understand. If i want to record a show im watching and want to include what ive seen so far, then i wont be able to continue to record after show ends to make somewhat of a block of a show. A recording that includes many shows.

0 Likes
mvmone
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've had this same issue.  It's really annoying.  I've taken to recording the next 1 or 2 shows after every game I record.  How much is a TiVO subscription?  Might be worth it to dump the Verizon DVR at $16-20 a month and get a TiVO unit.  Maybe they'll address the issue.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
The best way to do a recording for a football game is manually.. I personally do manual recordings for 4 hours incase I have 2 pass happy teams if the game gets over prior to that I can stop the recording and view the game later from where I stopped it.
0 Likes